Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2009, 12:15 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Vipco submitted the 1992 cut video print in 2001. Why they couldn't have sourced an uncut print is beyond me.

Ditto for Night Of The Demon. They submitted the uncut print in 1994 and then re-released the same version on DVD. When it came to The Burning, The Bogey Man, Fulci zombies etc they were all resubmitted intact and passed intact (bar Cemetery).
Old 9th July 2009, 12:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dont forget Shogun Assassin

I didnt know they resubmitted Pranks. From what i have when Vipco got a hold of a master they just reissued it ,which probbably explains why they didn't have the uncut print.

I'm not suprised they resubmitted the Fulci films as the italian horror boom was really starting to take off on dvd when they re-released them.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th July 2009, 12:29 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Vipco's release of Vault Of Horror was the 'uncut' (ie UK cinema) version. The previous CBS/Fox video was the edited U.S print.

Shogun Assassin had its cuts waived in 1999 but the BBFC annoyingly make no mention of it. They also didn't mention the widescreen submission.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Why are the 2 VIPCO releases of CH different prints.?
The 25th has Italian writing at the end and is more colourfull.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The first Vipco edition had a non anamorphic 1.66:1 print while the reissue was 16:9 with a 5.1 soundtrack.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th July 2009, 02:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Of the two Shameless 'cuts' which do you think is likely to be waived first, Angel? New York Ripper or Venus In Furs?

I'm more inclined to think the latter though it's a close one.
Very close. It's a tough one like Death Wish 2 and I Spit on Your Grave. But I would have to go with Venus.

Seen Franco's Women Behind Bars, Loops? I saw this the other day - no chance of it getting through uncut.
Old 9th July 2009, 02:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Blimey I knew you'd mention DW2 and I Spit. Even closer to call in terms of which one will eventually pass uncut first.
Old 9th July 2009, 02:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes it's amazingly difficult that one. Uncut versions for both are still some years away.
Old 9th July 2009, 02:47 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I really can't pick. Theoretically DW2 should pass uncut first, due to be it being a Bronson/Winner film rather than a genuinely tacky exploitation film (a la I Spit). However the rape/beating is so outright vicious and graphic that it equals anything in I Spit.

Jeepers. Impossible to split really. Both films would receive less cuts than before (if edited well) but fully uncut? No way. Definitely a long way off yet.
Old 9th July 2009, 07:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
If they resubmitted the uncut prints they would have to pay the same fee as before, even if the cuts ended up waived or not. Shameless wouldn't know if the BBFC would waive them until the film is submitted and viewed.

This is why most companies simply re-release the same cut print. No BBFC submission would be required unless the print is different in any way from the previous one (ie uncut, extended, widescreen etc).

I would have thought that some times the BBFC would unoffically mention IF a certain release was resubmitted it would fair more favourabie. mmm So no 'old boys network' then. You pays your , what is it £1200 , and takes your chance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!