Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012 > Christmas Giveaway 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2012, 04:03 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Secondly and slightly more gentle is Parks and Recreation which is currently not being shown on UK screens at all but is in it's 5th season in America, I believe it's recently been picked up by BBC Four. The series follows Lesley Knope who is the deputy of her local council's Parks and Recreation department in Pawnee, Indiana. She's a total workaholic and all of her colleagues have their own little idiosyncrasies too. Lesley is played by Saturday Night Live regular Amy Poehler, but my favourite character is April Ludgate portrayed by Aubrey Plaza of Scott Pilgrim fame. April has a very dry sense of humour and doesn't like people - I think I see myself in her hahah.

Great post Justin. I'm going to check this one out for sure.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th December 2012, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Black Adder.

Here's one special episode:

'Nuff "said".

Greetings!
sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 13th December 2012, 04:49 PM
Cult Master

Along with Bottom Trailer Park Boys is my favourite comedy. Its not every ones cup of tea as i can count on one hand the people i know that like it.

In this Episode the mighty RUSH come to town so how can it fail Trailer Park Boys and RUSH

Alex Lifeson is fantastic in the episode and he appears in the movies also once as a cross dressing undercover cop
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 13th December 2012, 04:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

So many great shows to choose from. I love 30 Rock, Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, American Dad, Californication, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Big Bang Theory, and many other shows, loads now sadly no longer running - Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, Friends, The Office, Yes (Prime) Minister, Men Behaving Badly, Black Books, The Book Group, the list goes on.

For the purpose of this competition though i will give a heads up to a show that only ran for one full series on American television.

Stacked. (2005 -2006)

Stacked starred Pamela Anderson as Skyler Dayton, a reformed party girl who in need of a change of lifestyle, takes a job at a family owned bookstore called Stacked Books. Determined to show she has ample talents, the sweet natured and refreshingly honest Skyler dazzles both the employees and customers in many "fish out of water" scenarios.

A little on the lines of Black Books, but not as madcap, Stacked was a fun half hour with each episode featuring several laugh out loud moments. Christopher Lloyd had a recurring role as a professor, a regular customer to the shop. Above all Stacked proved that Anderson had a fine touch in the comedy department and was never afraid to send her real life self up.

The show was cancelled part way through its second series with five episodes not shown on tv but they are available in the dvd - Stacked The Complete Series.

Whilst certainly not essential viewing, unlike many of the other suggestions on this thread which are, i found Stacked a lot of fun and thought it deserving of a mention as my entry in this competition.
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas Comp #13 - Men Behaving Badly Ultimate Box Set - FINISHED-stacked-12.jpg   Christmas Comp #13 - Men Behaving Badly Ultimate Box Set - FINISHED-stacked12.jpg   Christmas Comp #13 - Men Behaving Badly Ultimate Box Set - FINISHED-stacked8.jpg   Christmas Comp #13 - Men Behaving Badly Ultimate Box Set - FINISHED-stacked9.jpg  
Old 13th December 2012, 07:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's hard to choose only one but I would have to say The Jeffersons (1975 - 1985). It was very groundbreaking for it's time and allowed many people to see what an African American family was like for the first time. The way this series intertwined comedic elements with real issues was, and still is quite incredible.

Old 13th December 2012, 09:04 PM
Cultist

Well you are all wrong, the funniest show to be on tv recently is eagleheart.
To convince you here is a discription:
"Eagleheart parodies many cop shows, most notably Walker, Texas Ranger. It portrays a great deal of graphic violence"
Old 14th December 2012, 08:22 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

So many great shows here! But today's all important winner is....

Trouserpress and Monty Python.

Congratulations, TP you've just won yourself the Men Behaving Badly 20th Anniversary box set!

Enjoy!
Old 14th December 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Well done Trouserpress
Old 14th December 2012, 08:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well done!
Old 14th December 2012, 09:55 AM
Cult Addict

Congrats Trouserpres!

Like this? Share it using the links below!