LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default THE GODFATHER FILMS 1972-1990

Okay.
As is usual when I have time off work,I watch these marvellous films back to back.
I was always adamant that the first installment was the best,but the second part gripped me yesterday like it's never did before,and the third with the exception of Sophia Copolla isn't as bad as everyone makes out.

Make me an offer I can't refuse and lets talk GODFATHER!

Rik and bleakshaun like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th April 2020, 09:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I usually watch these as a complete trilogy in one sitting, I haven’t done so since being in lockdown, but I am planning on at some point before we get paroled

I also don’t think part 3 deserves all the stick it gets, I think it’s a pretty decent end to the saga
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th April 2020, 10:38 PM
Cult Addict

I ****in" hate with a passion gangster films, having said that i liked the gogfather 2 at the time but wont be watching any of that macho bullshit unless you are subjecting me to some kind of clockwork orange shit presently.

I just don't get the macho big boy butch shit.

Sorry soggy socks.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 21st April 2020, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm the same, if you watch one you have to watch the other 2 movies in one sitting, the third movie was a paramount rush job, they wanted another movie made on a less budget and quick script done, we can't blame Coppola.
Rik likes this.
Old 21st April 2020, 07:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I ****in" hate with a passion gangster films, having said that i liked the gogfather 2 at the time but wont be watching any of that macho bullshit unless you are subjecting me to some kind of clockwork orange shit presently.

Sorry soggy socks.

Then this thread clearly ain't for you!
nosferatu42 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st April 2020, 07:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's amazing the things you pick up on every time you watch them...for instance;
the scene where Michael arrives at the hospital and discovers Mckluskey has called off the cops and arrested the bodyguards.

Discovering Enzo the baker,Michael uses him to pose as a fellow hood,pretending to both be packing.
When the murderers arrive,the bluff works and the would-be assassins clear off.

Clearly shaken,Enzo reaches for his cigarettes,but is unable to light up as his hands are trembling so badly.
Michael takes the lighter from him and calmly ignites the Zippo first time;however,as Corleone shuts and passes the lighter back,the shot holds on both mens' hands,one of them shaking,the other perfectly still.

We actually see Michael look down at his own hand with a touch of bewilderment,this is a sign of things to come,the ruthlessness and ice cold nature of which he will run the family 'business' begins here.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 21st April 2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 21st April 2020, 07:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's also ****ing criminal and an indication of the farceholes that are the academy,that Pacino never won a statue for his performances.
He's never been better.

Scent of A Woman? Come on to ****!!!!
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 21st April 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This has got to be one of the most Iconic scenes in movie history and one of the reasons I prefer the first film to the second.

Old 21st April 2020, 07:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

Sorry soggy socks.

I think you need to re watch the Godfather, because there is no much macho bullshit it's much more subtle, its indeed a masterpiece.

I had the chance to read the book it's amazing. Need urgently to re watch all of them now.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don't know if anyone remembers when they used to stick them on the telly? The BBC were fond of showing them.
Used to sit and watch them with my late father who had to explain wtf was going on,especially Part 2!
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!