Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Crime & Thriller
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2024, 07:32 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default Favourite Cop Movies

Listen up you son of a bitch I got the mayor half way up my ass city hall is in uproar the commissioner is treathening to pull the plug on this case my deadbeat son is flunking school my wife is in my ear morning noon and night and its all your fault you think your a wise ass big shot well guess what you ain't shit now crack this case or you will be doing the graveyard shift in the basement with the rest of the stiffs. Now get the f**k out of my face before I smack the shit out of you and by the way here's your new partner and I don't wanna hear you work alone YOU WORK FOR MEEEEEE.

Whats your favourite Cop Movies.

Dirty Harry was always my go to until I first saw To Live and Die in L.A god damn instantly became one of my favourite films ever the setting the story the acting the soundtrack all blew me away amazing film my only complaint was the quit awkward erect penis scene that went on for quite some time

I'm not too familiar with alot of European cop films but I'm sure I'll learn more here.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th January 2024, 10:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Listen up you son of a bitch I got the mayor half way up my ass city hall is in uproar the commissioner is treathening to pull the plug on this case my deadbeat son is flunking school my wife is in my ear morning noon and night and its all your fault you think your a wise ass big shot well guess what you ain't shit now crack this case or you will be doing the graveyard shift in the basement with the rest of the stiffs. Now get the f**k out of my face before I smack the shit out of you and by the way here's your new partner and I don't wanna hear you work alone YOU WORK FOR MEEEEEE.

Whats your favourite Cop Movies.

Dirty Harry was always my go to until I first saw To Live and Die in L.A god damn instantly became one of my favourite films ever the setting the story the acting the soundtrack all blew me away amazing film my only complaint was the quit awkward erect penis scene that went on for quite some time

I'm not too familiar with alot of European cop films but I'm sure I'll learn more here.
You can never go wrong with a bit of Dirty Harry these days, it still a classic, I stuck on the first one the other day with my horror buddy Annmarie and she enjoyed it and Lethal Weapon.

I went through one of my books that i write down what I have watched, Almost Human is a good one with Henry Silva playing a good guy for a change.Young, Violent and Dangerous is a decent cop thriller along with The Heroin Busters and Syndicate Sadists for your Italian crime thrillers.

For a good American cop thriller check out Cop from 1988 with James Woods in the lead and 1997 Copland, great star cast in that.
Nordicdusk and Graveyard like this.
Old 18th January 2024, 10:30 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
You can never go wrong with a bit of Dirty Harry these days, it still a classic, I stuck on the first one the other day with my horror buddy Annmarie and she enjoyed it and Lethal Weapon.

I went through one of my books that i write down what I have watched, Almost Human is a good one with Henry Silva playing a good guy for a change.Young, Violent and Dangerous is a decent cop thriller along with The Heroin Busters and Syndicate Sadists for your Italian crime thrillers.

For a good American cop thriller check out Cop from 1988 with James Woods in the lead and 1997 Copland, great star cast in that.

I always found Copland to be a very underrated film I thought Stallone was great in it. I have Almost Human just never got around to watching it.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 18th January 2024, 11:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I always found Copland to be a very underrated film I thought Stallone was great in it. I have Almost Human just never got around to watching it.
I watched Copland not so long ago and really enjoyed it again, I agree it is very underrated
Old 18th January 2024, 11:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I watched Copland not so long ago and really enjoyed it again, I agree it is very underrated
It's the slower pace I think that didn't suit some people I don't think it's a typical Tarantino film
Old 18th January 2024, 12:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's the slower pace I think that didn't suit some people I don't think it's a typical Tarantino film
That's because it isn't a Tarantino film. It was directed by James Mangold.
Old 18th January 2024, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
You see the name Stallone and think it be a straight up action flick but he does put in his acting performance and shows he can be more than a action star.
Old 18th January 2024, 12:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's because it isn't a Tarantino film. It was directed by James Mangold.
Why did I always think it was a Tarantino film.

I can't defend that
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th January 2024, 12:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I would think my favourite cop movie is LA Confidential closely followed by Dirty Harry.

Se7en and Heat also deserve special mention.
Graveyard and MrBarlow like this.
Old 18th January 2024, 03:27 PM
Active Cultist

Live and Let Die it's amazing, can we talk about ex-cops/undercover cops?

Deep Cover with Laurence Fishburne, Jeff Goldblum watched last year was quiet good.

If you go into the Korean movies, Chugyeokja (aka The Chaser) it's worth your time - It's an ex-cop but can still count

Italian's I agree with Mr. Barlow - Almost Human is an good example, Milano calibro 9 it's more gangster than cop's I think.
Nordicdusk and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!