Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Rob4 1st November 2018 03:26 PM

given the 'performance' of this label does it warrant its own section anymore? surely it should be just in the 'Other Labels' section with everything else...

Susan Foreman 2nd November 2018 02:32 PM

I've not seen any official word, so I don't know if this is the sale or not, but there are some cheap Shameless titles listed on their site

Shameless Films

House On The Edge Of The Park - £5
Cannibal Holocaust - £5
Phantom of Death - £5
Strip Nude for your Killer - £5
New York Ripper Blu-ray - £7
Amsterdamned - £5.00
Viva - £6
The Nurse - £6.00

g053584398 5th November 2018 03:23 PM

God I'm just so fed up! I added about £60 worth of stuff to my shopping basket during the Shameless sale but was unable to complete my purchase because my internet connection dropped and I've been without it all weekend with the exception of a few minutes! Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan Foreman 5th November 2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 591837)
God I'm just so fed up! I added about £60 worth of stuff to my shopping basket during the Shameless sale but was unable to complete my purchase because my internet connection dropped and I've been without it all weekend with the exception of a few minutes! Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sale has been extended until 10am tomorrow (Tuesday) due to a fault on their site earlier this afty where no-one could access it!

Antropophagus 7th November 2018 06:53 AM

The Case of the Bloody Iris

It's not funny anymore. Either people at Shameless are blind or they simply don't care. Stop ****ing up these great movies already! One abysmal release after another.

trebor8273 7th November 2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 591959)
The Case of the Bloody Iris

It's not funny anymore. Either people at Shameless are blind or they simply don't care. Stop ****ing up these great movies already! One abysmal release after another.

Shameless is truly apt name for these clowns .

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2018 03:52 PM

I'm not too sure what your grievances are.

Slightly different opening titles or Italian sourced digital veneer?

The review doesn't say it's a poor print. After all it's an Italian obscurity from 1972. I'm not sure what people expect. It's not exactly an error, unlike the Shameless release of Cemetery Man.

Just be thankful it's out on blu-ray.

Justin101 7th November 2018 04:00 PM

It's the digital artifacts aka scanner noise, where the film grain hasn't been compressed very well and it looks really artifical. One of the downfalls of the bluray format, if it's not done correctly in scanning phase then it's really obvious when you watch it in HD.

One of the worst culprits I've seen recently was The Perfume of the Lady in Black which had a thick fuzzy band of noise right theough the middle of the screen which was static against the on-screen movement making it very distracting and I turned the film off without even finishing it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 591972)
It's the digital artifacts aka scanner noise, where the film grain hasn't been compressed very well and it looks really artifical. One of the downfalls of the bluray format, if it's not done correctly in scanning phase then it's really obvious when you watch it in HD.

One of the worst culprits I've seen recently was The Perfume of the Lady in Black which had a thick fuzzy band of noise right theough the middle of the screen which was static against the on-screen movement making it very distracting and I turned the film off without even finishing it!

But it's not actually the fault of Shameless, more the Italian master then?

In a way i was wrong to say be thankful it's out on blu-ray, perhaps i should have said be thankful it's out on disc at all.

keirarts 7th November 2018 04:10 PM

I've just bought case of the bloody iris. Looks ok from the review posted to me but each to their own.