Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

platostotal 9th July 2018 04:31 PM

God, can you imagine the flap if they released a green-o-vision version, the 'geen' inferno indeed.

(I have an old VHS and I think that does have a green hue in some scenes, nothing as bad as above tho)

Rik 9th July 2018 05:16 PM

I’ve only ever seen one dvd of Ferox, the Grindhouse one from years ago, and that certainly doesn’t look anything like that, in fact their blu isn’t that much of an improvement IMO

trebor8273 9th July 2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 581613)

I'm i missing something it looks bloody awful are they color blind or something?

Just checked Facebook's page and 24 people liked it and 1 loved it, have to be people who work for them or those people need to get to Specsavers!

Rik 9th July 2018 05:39 PM

The green stills are the “before” pics, at least I hope so :lol:

trebor8273 9th July 2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 581642)

That makes more sense, sure I had a old DVD copy and can't remember it being green! So think shameless have done that, but no loss either way as always found most cannibal films to be a bit s***.

trebor8273 9th July 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 581642)

Looking at them, it you took off the green tinge which has obviously been added, I don't think there would be much of a difference if any.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2018 10:06 AM

Either those images of the wrong way round, or it should be "after and before", at least I hope that's how it should be!

Susan Foreman 10th July 2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 581678)
Either those images of the wrong way round, or it should be "after and before", at least I hope that's how it should be!

Presumably they are stills from a 'motion feature', where the divider is moved across the picture as the thing plays, giving a comparison between the original 'green' version, and the new restored version

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 581688)
Presumably they are stills from a 'motion feature', where the divider is moved across the picture as the thing plays, giving a comparison between the original 'green' version, and the new restored version

That was my guess, making the phrase "before and after" misplaced when compared to the images. Using "restoration comparison" would be less likely to cause confusion.

Demoncrat 10th July 2018 09:52 PM

Checked the Sazuma dvd I have. Green tisn't :pound:. They do look 'sharper' than the slightly 'soft' image I've always associated with the film due to the varying prints I have endured ;)