Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 536125)
Which one?

Don't think anyone was looking at the perm up top mate!;)

trebor8273 2nd June 2017 09:13 PM

So apart from the sect, it looks like they are just bringing their back catalog onto blu ray?

J Harker 2nd June 2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 536158)
So apart from the sect, it looks like they are just bringing their back catalog onto blu ray?

To be fair its about time. Arrow are halfway through bringing their blu ray back catalogue to blu ray...again...

trebor8273 2nd June 2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 536159)
To be fair its about time. Arrow are halfway through bringing their blu ray back catalogue to blu ray...again...

Good point and will be nice to see a lot of their stuff come to blu ray. Would just like them to release a couple of new titles but as they don't have the funds of arrow or even 88 films can see it being hard for them.

Rik 2nd June 2017 09:40 PM

Both Arrow & 88 did successful fundraising campaigns, I'm sure Shameless would have similar success if they tried it

J Harker 2nd June 2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 536161)
Both Arrow & 88 did successful fundraising campaigns, I'm sure Shameless would have similar success if they tried it

Ditching those cheap'n'nasty yellow cases wouldn't hurt.

platostotal 2nd June 2017 11:32 PM

They may have to renegotiate the rights to issue in HD, sure I read somewhere they had to pay more to re-issue a title in HD, they probably go for both SD/HD rights nowadays, Night Train Murders come to mind- SD on Shameless- HD on 88 Films (tho for a while I saw both companies DVD next to each other on the shelf:lol::lol:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 536152)
She's got more bush than an outback nature reserve.

Though less than Lina Romay!

JAMIOUSE 20th June 2017 06:02 PM

I wonder when Shameless are going to show us the cover for Strange Vice and officially announce Torso?
If they are looking to upgrade their back catalogue they have a few titles that would be welcomed. As the Colours blu has Dellamorte, Torso and Strip Nude as 'Forthcoming Attractions' they are possibilities. Torso is obviously pretty definite as it's been listed on Amazon since early June.

davcol 20th June 2017 06:25 PM

Im gonna pick up Almost Human BD soon. It would be nice to see a couple of new titles later on in the year.

Crimson Blade 20th June 2017 08:20 PM

I'd love them to release Who Saw Her Die? on Bluray. Great giallo.

Susan Foreman 21st June 2017 11:23 AM

"Do you like carnal violence? Well you're gonna love this Yell-O Ray release! Announcement this Friday, 12.30pm...

What could it be?
"

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...6a&oe=59E9785C

Let the guessing begin!

Rik 21st June 2017 11:27 AM

Gotta be Torso :nod:

Crimson Blade 21st June 2017 11:30 AM

I wonder if it will be the same transfer as the old Blue Underground one?

Mat82 21st June 2017 12:52 PM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Ca...943427&sr=1-30
Cue the "will it be uncut" queries. Answer is no. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crimson Blade 21st June 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat82 (Post 538720)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Ca...943427&sr=1-30
Cue the "will it be uncut" queries. Answer is no. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A pointless release when there's loads of other great Italian classics that would sail past the BBFC.

I'll probably import Code Red's instead.

fuzzymctiger 21st June 2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 538729)
A pointless release when there's loads of other great Italian classics that would sail past the BBFC.

I'll probably import Code Red's instead.

Will never get why people dismiss a local release due to an oversea's release or something like cuts for animal cruelty. They're often minor, have very little to do with plot and the films often work without them. Not only that, but the very large market who do not import, or don't care about the animal cruelty not being there, who will just buy it from a shop or online because it sounds good.

Also let's not forget the expense and difficulty in picking up a Code Red release as an international customer compared to the many different and cheaper avenues of picking up a Shameless release

Rik 21st June 2017 01:47 PM

Animal cruelty or not, I refuse to buy cut releases when there's an uncut option. In this case I have the uncut DVD from Europe and I'm in no rush to upgrade

Crimson Blade 21st June 2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 538731)
Will never get why people dismiss a local release due to an oversea's release or something like cuts for animal cruelty. They're often minor, have very little to do with plot and the films often work without them. Not only that, but the very large market who do not import, or don't care about the animal cruelty not being there, who will just buy it from a shop or online because it sounds good.

Also let's not forget the expense and difficulty in picking up a Code Red release as an international customer compared to the many different and cheaper avenues of picking up a Shameless release

But the film is still cut. And as a collector, i'll always buy the most complete version of a film that's available.
And there's also a good chance that the BBFC will make cuts apart from those of animal cruelty. If you're familiar with the Blue Underground dvd, you'll know what i mean.

If people want to buy the cut UK version, that's up to them.

fuzzymctiger 21st June 2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 538735)
But the film is still cut. And as a collector, i'll always buy the most complete version of a film that's available.
And there's also a good chance that the BBFC will make cuts apart from those of animal cruelty. If you're familiar with the Blue Underground dvd, you'll know what i mean.

If people want to buy the cut UK version, that's up to them.

I understand it is still cut, but to call it pointless when there would be a large market of people who aren't fussed or can only access this release is unfair. As an Australian, we got shafted with horror blu rays for years, and since Umbrella and Cinema Cult have picked up the slack, there's been a massive resurgence in older horror interest, and also new releases, leading to things like Umbrella putting out NOTLD 90 with correct colour timing, and commissioning new releases not available elsewhere. Before that though, I definitely knew people whose attitude to the first few ports of foreign titles was "there's no need for this release when I can import it".

As for other cuts, I can't remember the last time an older film didn't get all it's non Animal Cruelty cuts waived. The BBFC seems to be a lot more lenient now about things like that, especially with all the former video nasties and banned titles that have come out in recent years going through unscathed bar animal cruelty

keirarts 21st June 2017 02:34 PM

I wonder if the pig f****** will remain :lol:

keirarts 21st June 2017 02:35 PM

On a serious note however its not on my most wanted.

Personally I was hoping they would get house of laughing windows, Zeder or cannibal man. I'd really love a fully uncut release of something like Bell from hell.

Crimson Blade 21st June 2017 03:00 PM

The pig f*****g was what i was wondering about. As a simulation it may be okay, but you never know with the BBFC. They may take offence with the native girl pleasuring herself as well. :D
I would have much preferred another giallo like Who Saw Her Die?

JAMIOUSE 21st June 2017 05:43 PM

Mountain is an interesting choice and is brand new to Shameless so it's not a bad choice. Removing the animal violence which I think is only one very brief scene doesn't really bother me. Presumably it's the same HD master that Code Red will be using when they eventually get around to releasing it, which no doubt Bill will have something to say about.

Demoncrat 21st June 2017 05:58 PM

Well that is because those titles served a purpose then. Now we have different 'bogeymen' McT ;)

keirarts 22nd June 2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 538770)
Mountain is an interesting choice and is brand new to Shameless so it's not a bad choice. Removing the animal violence which I think is only one very brief scene doesn't really bother me. Presumably it's the same HD master that Code Red will be using when they eventually get around to releasing it, which no doubt Bill will have something to say about.

i'm more disappointed because they'll get no end of abuse for releasing a cut film (see what happened with house at the edge of the park, Cannibal holocaust and new york ripper) and that I really don't like the film all that much.. :behindsofa:

Rik 22nd June 2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 538842)
i'm more disappointed because they'll get no end of abuse for releasing a cut film (see what happened with house at the edge of the park, Cannibal holocaust and new york ripper) and that I really don't like the film all that much.. :behindsofa:

Me neither, I've had the EC Entertainment DVD for about 8 years and I've only watched it once.

Bit of a contradiction to my earlier post about not buying cut releases when there's an uncut version available, I bought the three releases you mentioned here, the reason being was to support a local label, and at the time CH wasn't available on blu, nowadays I'm not in a position to do that, so I'll always go for an uncut release. This is why I haven't bought 88's blu of Deep River Savages, I intend on getting Raro's edition (Sacrifice) instead :nod:

As we all know, it's not any labels fault that they have to release cut prints, that blame lies with the BBFC who are following UK laws :nod:

keirarts 22nd June 2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 538843)
Me neither, I've had the EC Entertainment DVD for about 8 years and I've only watched it once.

Bit of a contradiction to my earlier post about not buying cut releases when there's an uncut version available, I bought the three releases you mentioned here, the reason being was to support a local label, and at the time CH wasn't available on blu, nowadays I'm not in a position to do that, so I'll always go for an uncut release. This is why I haven't bought 88's blu of Deep River Savages, I intend on getting Raro's edition (Sacrifice) instead :nod:

As we all know, it's not any labels fault that they have to release cut prints, that blame lies with the BBFC who are following UK laws :nod:

I've kept hold of the new york ripper blu. It's not drastically cut and has some footage not in other releases.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 538851)
I've kept hold of the new york ripper blu. It's not drastically cut and has some footage not in other releases.

Me too. :nod:

I have the BU and Shameless Blus

Rik 22nd June 2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 538890)
Me too. :nod:

I have the BU and Shameless Blus

Same, except my BU one is still sealed, the last time I wanted to watch it I forgot I had it, so watched their DVD instead :doh:

Prince_Vajda 22nd June 2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 536202)
Though less than Lina Romay!

Sue Jones-Davies is the mother of all bushes.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 538968)
Sue Jones-Davies is the mother of all bushes.

It's probably more famous, but is certainly not as heavily featured in close-up as Ms Romay's!

JAMIOUSE 22nd June 2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 538851)

What's the extra footage? The scene in Paolo Marco's office?

Prince_Vajda 22nd June 2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 538972)
It's probably more famous, but is certainly not as heavily featured in close-up as Ms Romay's!

Touché.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
FIGHT! :fencing:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 538997)
FIGHT! :fencing:

Is this what's known as a 'bush tucker trial'?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 538999)
Is this what's known as a 'bush tucker trial'?

No.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2017 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's the BUSHWHACKERS! :lol:

Demoncrat 22nd June 2017 07:56 PM

If I'm watching Keach in HD
Itl be in The Ninth Configuration ;)

Rik 23rd June 2017 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think we all knew about this :nod:

"TORSO HACKS ITS WAY ONTO BLU-RAY!

Release date: 28 August 2017
Pre-order: coming soon…

ENTER...IF YOU DARE, THE BIZARRE WORLD OF THE PSYCHOSEXUAL MIND.

From Sergio Martino, director of the stylish ALL THE COLOURS OF THE DARK and the truly disturbing MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD, comes this fine gem of a slasher giallo that sits well up there with the best of Mario Bava and Dario Argento.

Delicious students, who we can only assume are studying for a masters degree in stripping, head off for a vacation in a mansion remote enough to ensure undisturbed carnage, should a killer be lurking nearby…

Luckily for fans of psychosexual thrillers, a black-gloved, saw-wielding nutter has followed them to their bordello of nudity and soon starts mutilating his way through a cast of fine beauties, including the ever delicious Suzy Kendall!

Now for the first time in the UK, sink your teeth into Sergio Martino’s sadistic giallo classic on limb-slicingly glorious Yell-O-Ray!

*Please note this is the reverse artwork - our main artwork will be unleashed closer to the release date*

EXTRAS
* Brand new Shameless interview with director Sergio Martino
* Shameless Trailer Park

SPECS
* Brand new restoration
* Shameless numbered edition
* Fully uncut
* All region

Full specs and pre-order coming soon…"

Attachment 191943