Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2011, 10:42 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Both are important for me. Probably the reason I've just sold my Anchor Bay Cemetery Man dvd for about £1.50
The quality of the DVD/BD will largely determine how important the cover art is for me. There are some titles I've bought because of the cover art and, conversely, others I haven't because of the way the disc is presented.

As I have every Shameless release so far, I'll definitely buy this but would really like one cover to have The Cemetery Man as the main title with Dellamorte Dellamore in a smaller font somewhere else, probably at the bottom of the cover, and the alternate to have Dellamorte Dellamore as the main title with some Italian artwork.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:45 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

It could be useful to make Shameless aware (if they are not already) of people's reactions to the proposed title in this thread and see what they say.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It could be useful to make Shameless aware (if they are not already) of people's reactions to the proposed title in this thread and see what they say.
They are aware - I've made certain of that! Don't worry, I'm keeping them abreast of the various opinions here regarding the title so, if you have a preferred title for the main and alternate covers, say so and Shameless will be informed.
Old 10th December 2011, 11:52 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
They are aware - I've made certain of that! Don't worry, I'm keeping them abreast of the various opinions here regarding the title so, if you have a preferred title for the main and alternate covers, say so and Shameless will be informed.
Anything but Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man

I'd certainly like the original Italian title of Dellamorte Dellamore to appear on one of the panels. Even though I'm not keen on it, I do understand that 'Cemetery Man' will probably be a more marketable title here in the UK.
Old 10th December 2011, 12:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's a cover. What's on the disc? That's the important part....for me, anyway.
That is right... everyone states their opinion.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh I certainly understand why people want to have good cover art on the packaging, I do too. All I'm saying is that a cover, good or bad, will not not deter me from making a purchase if the presentation of the film on the actual disc is of a high standard. And, to be honest, once I've watched a film it goes on the shelf, so all I see most of the time is the spine of the DVD/BD. That said, Arrow's releases are a thing of beauty, and I love the slipcase packaging with alternate covers.

So with that in mind, that mostly all I see is the spine, I really wouldn't want to see Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man on the spine, that probably would annoy me.
Old 11th December 2011, 04:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lets be honest tho when use to go rent films its the artwork that grabbed you to look at the film if youve never heard of it..So i do think artwork does play a important part ...
Old 12th December 2011, 12:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Lets be honest tho when use to go rent films its the artwork that grabbed you to look at the film if youve never heard of it..So i do think artwork does play a important part ...
True enough. But how many horror movies have had decent covers in the last 15 years? Ever since Scream hit with it's row of heads cover art, nearly every film since has utilised that crap format.
Old 12th December 2011, 10:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
True enough. But how many horror movies have had decent covers in the last 15 years? Ever since Scream hit with it's row of heads cover art, nearly every film since has utilised that crap format.
Very true. I'm dreaming... not of a white Christmas...but of fantastic Universal Horror artwork...or Hammer artwork...

Greetings!
Old 12th December 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Anything but Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man

I'd certainly like the original Italian title of Dellamorte Dellamore to appear on one of the panels. Even though I'm not keen on it, I do understand that 'Cemetery Man' will probably be a more marketable title here in the UK.
How about The Cemetery man is Dellamorte, the man from Delmonte.

You get a free carton of fruit juice as well.

Like this? Share it using the links below!