Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Don't Torture a Duckling (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dont-torture-duckling/4489-sham033-don-t-torture-duckling-archive-conversation.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 12:18 PM

I like it too as it's just a fun movie without a serious plot or the startling imagery you would expect from a Fulci film. As you say, it is just like Fulci having a bit of fun and thumbing his nose at the censors. It's nowhere near films like Zombi 2, The Beyond or City of the Living Dead in terms of the screenwriting, acting or direction but, if you don't take it seriously, it can be good fun.

Daemonia 26th April 2011 02:35 PM

And back to Duckling - who else thinks the death of the 'witch' inspired Fulci's opening for The Beyond?

Peter Neal 26th April 2011 03:26 PM

Me, me, me!:p:)
No seriously, first time I watched "The Beyond" the "witch" opening hit me like a sledge hammer- but that was really nothing compared to the prior similar scene in "Duckling", which has that extra intense emotional punch with Fulci making a poit about the whole "lynch mob mentality", a point I would still call valid today. The scene with "Bob" in "City of the living Dead"- while strangly out of place with the rest of the movie coherence-wise - falls also in the same category, though "Duckling" is the one which gets it best and most truthful.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 146103)
And back to Duckling - who else thinks the death of the 'witch' inspired Fulci's opening for The Beyond?

Yeah,nice bit of chainwhipping didn't do anyone any harm.
The authorities should introduce it here for some of the scum on our streets.

merdas 11th June 2011 12:28 AM

Looking forward for more news about this

Nimajneb 6th July 2011 10:58 AM

We are speeding toward the release day. Do we still not have any cover art, itiching to see some!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimajneb (Post 163717)
We are speeding toward the release day. Do we still not have any cover art, itiching to see some!!

I'd almost forgotten about this with the new artwork for Almost Human being announced and the clock ticking down to the Cannibal Holocaust release.

Sarah must be extremely busy at the moment and, as far as consumers go, that's a good thing!

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 163754)
Sarah must be extremely busy at the moment and, as far as consumers go, that's a good thing!

I'm run of my feet at the mo - especially with the Four Flies on Grey Velvet announcement so don't expect any more details on this title for a few more weeks.

I need a nap!

Pete 6th July 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163755)
I'm run of my feet at the mo - especially with the Four Flies on Grey Velvet announcement so don't expect any more details on this title for a few more weeks.

I need a nap!

Typical woman, not doing much and having the cheek to want a rest!:D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163755)
I need a nap!

Would that be before or after a muffin and cup of tea?