Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Don't Torture a Duckling (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dont-torture-duckling/4489-sham033-don-t-torture-duckling-archive-conversation.html)

PaulD 20th March 2011 07:03 PM

It's due for a dvd release in June if you have a look at this thread (which I suspect will get merged now anyway). And it's goimg to have the option of Italian audio with English subs!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th March 2011 07:26 PM

Threads merged. ;)

ZOSO 21st March 2011 07:52 PM

Any news! I'm really looking forward for this release! This one needs to be the definitive DVD!

ilsashewolf 26th March 2011 10:59 AM

Wow I got the American DVD of this a month ago and was blown away when I watched it. Beautifully shot, well acted and extremely well put together - a shocker for Fulci! And has the best death scene ever. Gutted I didn't wait, although if the cover art is good enough I'll go ahead and double dip!

Splatterdragon73 27th March 2011 10:15 AM

If i recall rightly the film's famous 'Cliff Death Plunge' moment made something of an impression on Fabrizio De Angelis. Apparently, when the penny-pinchin' Pasta producer in question saw the above scene he was more or less suitably convinced Fulci was the man to helm a certain Zombie Flesh Eaters.:)

Trick Or Treat 11th April 2011 10:38 PM

Good thing that happened then. Couldnt imagine a life without Zombi 2. LOL

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 08:54 AM

Don't Torture a Duckling will now be released 29 August 2011. This is a little later than originally planned but Shameless are so busy with so many releases right now that they don't want to risk a rushed job. Instead they are putting in lots and love and attention to this classic, hence the slight delay.

Daemonia 26th April 2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilsashewolf (Post 138612)
Beautifully shot, well acted and extremely well put together - a shocker for Fulci!

So what Fulci films do you consider to be badly shot, badly acted and badly put together? Just curious.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 146039)
So what Fulci films do you consider to be badly shot, badly acted and badly put together? Just curious.

Cat in the Brain? hardly Fulci's masterwork, is it!?

On the delay, I have no problem with this being pushed back a bit if it means the best AV quality available, the best selection of extra features and artwork.

Daemonia 26th April 2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 146045)
Cat in the Brain? hardly Fulci's masterwork, is it!?

Well...I'm a big fan of Nightmare Concert/Cat in the Brain. Admittedly, it's cobbled together from various other films with new stuff shot to link it together. But I think this was just Fulci having some fun, the way his psychiatrist blames it all on the types of films he makes is genius. A real backlash against the arguments for censorship. I like it, anyway!