Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Footprints on the Moon
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoshuaKaitlyn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2012, 12:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Footprints (Le Orme)

Just seen this for the first time, a good mystery film. However I started wondering why the 18 certificate so went looking on the BBFC website and saw that the film had been classed as 12 (!). Having seen the movie I cant see why it would be classed as 15 let alone 18. Is there some sort of marketing ploy going on where by the unsuspecting punter see's an 18 certificate and a sticker thats says first time on DVD and thinks 'Controversial movie....Having that!' If so then you already had me with the yellow case and artwork!
Old 17th October 2012, 12:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It carries an 18 because some of the trailers for other Shameless releases are rated 18. It should say somewhere on the back cover 'Disc rated 18 due to additional content being classified at a higher rating than the feature' (or something like that)

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 17th October 2012, 12:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Indeed it does! Thanks for the reply, first time I've seen a certificate given primarily to the extras! However the cynical part of me thinks that Shameless added the '20 Shameless Trailers' deliberately to raise the certificate to 18! However seeing as 'Footprints' is number 20 in the collection its a nice extra...But still
robertzombie likes this.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:47 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It was also an old trick by Mike Lee of Vipco to make people think they were getting a stronger horror film than what was actually on the tape/DVD, whereas it would be the trailers that would boost the 18 rating in some cases, like with Shock Waves.

It is a bit sneaky, I'll admit. But hey, it seems to work.

Like this? Share it using the links below!