Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   SHAM202/035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: Shameless has a question! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6846-sham202-035-four-flies-grey-velvet-shameless-has-question.html)

vaultkeeper 27th September 2011 03:22 PM

I would prefer both versions, like on the special edtion of My Bloody Valentine, that you can choose between official thearatical version and final print, that way everyone would be satisfied.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 184939)
I would prefer both versions, like on the special edtion of My Bloody Valentine, that you can choose between official thearatical version and final print, that way everyone would be satisfied.

A perfect solution. :nod:

However if this cannot be done, I'd be another who'd prefer them as extras if not integral to the story or flow of the film.

Slippery Jack 27th September 2011 04:24 PM

Sarah, any chance of Shameless giving any info on what these scenes consist of . . . ?

the blob 27th September 2011 04:32 PM

Two versions would be another alternative but at a runtime of over 100 mins each, it's a pretty high profile release and I wouldn't like to see the encoding compromised with too low a bitrate.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th September 2011 04:50 PM

Hmmmm, it's a tough one. You won't be able to please everyone. I know it's only a few seconds here and there and it's already been mentioned but if it is financially possible, branching the snippits would be the best solution. If not, leave them out and have them as extras.

ytsejam1138 27th September 2011 06:55 PM

+1 for branching.

bdc 27th September 2011 07:34 PM

+1

vaultkeeper 27th September 2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 184960)
Two versions would be another alternative but at a runtime of over 100 mins each, it's a pretty high profile release and I wouldn't like to see the encoding compromised with too low a bitrate.

Well it worked with Lions Gate release of My Bloody Valentine

PaulD 27th September 2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 185048)
Well it worked with Lions Gate release of My Bloody Valentine

Doesn't this disc just use branching though?

Oddly enough, I was going to say it works well enough on Shameless' Cannibal Holocaust :)

the blob 27th September 2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 185061)
Doesn't this disc just use branching though?

Oddly enough, I was going to say it works well enough on Shameless' Cannibal Holocaust :)

I believe My Bloody Valentine is branched. Seems to work well on CH but it seems there will be at least one other immediate competitor for Four Flies on BD so no doubt anyone wanting to import will be comparing.