Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Four Flies on Grey Velvet
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2012, 01:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
If different players give a different rendering of the glitches, that shows that it's not part of the analogue audio damage, but actually digital.
Exactly, the discs ARE the problem.
But I guess Shameless isnĀ“t gonna do anything about it according to that statement...
Old 27th February 2012, 01:31 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

The statement says:

Quote:
(the glitch is not a harmonious signal and just gets amplified raw through the amp and sounds very loud)
It's basically a problem with some particular systems that causes a particular sound to be amplified very loud through the amp.

As they also say, nothing has been added to the original sound and it's all "as source" so it's a glitch on the audio track Shameless used, nothing digital that they have added/taken away.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 27th February 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 27th February 2012, 02:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
It's basically a compatibility issue with some systems that causes a particular sound to be amplified very loud through the amp.

As they also say, nothing has been added to the original sound and it's all "as source" so it's a glitch on the audio track Shameless used, nothing digital that they have added/taken away.
You're contradicting yourself - if it's a compatibility issue, then it has to be digital.
Old 27th February 2012, 02:07 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
You're contradicting yourself - if it's a compatibility issue, then it has to be digital.
Well perhaps "compatibility issue" was a poor choice of words on my part. I apologise for the mix up.

All I meant to do was reiterate the part of the statement that says that some systems amplify this particular (non-digital) glitch more than others.

The unadulterated original audio was Shameless' biggest selling-point in the run up to the release so, trust me, it hasn't been touched. It's as source and so it is not a digital glitch.
Old 27th February 2012, 03:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
The unadulterated original audio was Shameless' biggest selling-point in the run up to the release so, trust me, it hasn't been touched. It's as source and so it is not a digital glitch.
It's not about tampering with the original audio though, it's either an encoding error when creating the Blu-ray, or a glitch brought about during the process of converting the analogue audio to digital.

Or if in fact it was a problem with the original audio, then it should have been fixed - considering Shameless took it upon themselves to 'fix' part of the original film with the high-speed shot at the end (yes it was an unfortunate quirk of filming, but it wasn't for Shameless to change), it seems a bit ironic that they wouldn't fix a genuine problem.
Old 27th February 2012, 05:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't use a stereo or home theater system when I watch/listen to movies. I have it all go thru my tv's speakers. I noticed it immediately and had to turn the volume down a little. Strange occurence. Oh well. There's still room for improvement, so maybe a US or other company will fix it in the future.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:55 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Here's a fantastic and very detailed review from McBastard. Lots of great stuff here in this 4/5 review. Give it a read at McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: Blu-ray Review: FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET (1971)
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm watching this right now for the first time, currently 40 minutes in and it'll be a small miracle if I make it to the end, I'm bored to tears! (The transfer looks good though, can't complain about that)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict

It pick's up during the last 1/3, Rik. Just hold in there!
Old 27th November 2012, 01:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
It pick's up during the last 1/3, Rik. Just hold in there!
I stuck at it and yes, it did pick up a bit but I'm not in any great rush to watch it again
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!