Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Nordicdusk Gaming News and Reviews Show (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/12853-nordicdusk-gaming-news-reviews-show.html)

Justin101 17th September 2020 08:01 AM

I had a 'register my interest' pre-order with Shopto.net since like Feb or something, the website has been absolutely hammered and has a ddos warning on it now lol... I could have pre-ordered one from Game last night but thought I'd wait, they're sold out now. I'll just be patient because most of the launch games aren't for me anyway :) However I might be lucky with Shopto.

Amazon doesn't seem to have them listed yet??

Nordicdusk 17th September 2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 635537)
I had a 'register my interest' pre-order with Shopto.net since like Feb or something, the website has been absolutely hammered and has a ddos warning on it now lol... I could have pre-ordered one from Game last night but thought I'd wait, they're sold out now. I'll just be patient because most of the launch games aren't for me anyway :) However I might be lucky with Shopto.

Amazon doesn't seem to have them listed yet??

There was an article about shortages on Monday so im sure that ramped up the pre orders.

Justin101 17th September 2020 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that Shopto expired everyone's passwords, plus they must have had issues with their emals because I never got my email inviting me to confirm my pre-order. I messaged them on Twitter though and finally managed to login after trying for ages and I have a console pre-ordered. They're saying that they can't guarentee fulfilment for launch day but I hope they'll be doing it in order of pre-order dates, I did mine back in April.

I think at launch I'll only have the 20 or so Playstation Plus 'welcome to PS5' games but I might order Spiderman as well.

Nordicdusk 17th September 2020 01:45 PM

They seem to be sold out everywhere at the minute All the stores jumped the gun and opened pre orders straight away before sony gave the go ahead f*****g nightmare.

On the plus side there is one on ebay for 7,700 queen heads.:lol:

Justin101 17th September 2020 02:16 PM

Seriously :lol: Every single online store is saying we can't guarantee that you'll get your console in the first batch at launch, so how does this nutter think a) he'll get someone to pay that much and b) he'll be able to deliver the goods ha

I've said that so of course someone will go and buy it now :lol:

gag 17th September 2020 04:04 PM

I tend to find same issue nearly all the time when a console first released, can remember when PS3 sold out and ppl where willing to pay £1,500 :nono: cuckoo if you ask me, and then there always seems to be some sort of issue somewhere wether it’s the machine, software, or online issue or something else, me I’d rather wait a year or 2 until it’s all died And someone bored with their console and selling it for less than standard rate with 5 plus games, I’m never in a rush I don’t fall for all this I need it now attitude.

Justin101 17th September 2020 05:14 PM

That's because you're a grumpy old man gag :lol:

gag 17th September 2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 635566)
That's because you're a grumpy old man gag :lol:

:lol: thanks for the compliment,
Might be grumpy and old but I know what Id rather do with my money and that’s not line it with companies who in reality are just after your money.
would you buy a laptop from the shop if it was for sale same price as the others if it had a warning sign saying faulty ? Nah,
first batch of most things these days tend to be faulty, how many times has first batch of mobile phones been faulty,
And let’s not forget how many times film companies have released a film and there a fault with the film / disc /sound, companies have brainwashed people into thinking they need their products when in reality you don’t.

So yes I’d rather remain old and grumpy than a fool :nod:;) After all I ain’t going to get younger just older so that means probably get grumpier :lol::thankingyou:

Justin101 17th September 2020 05:33 PM

Well that's up to you, I've been an early adopter with technology for as long as I had my first job and could afford to, I've never had anything faulty so I'm either lucky or you've been unlucky :D

I'm looking forward to the Console dropping in 2 months, I'm actually considering changing my Dawn of the Dead pre-order to be the 4k version now :lol:

gag 17th September 2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 635575)
Well that's up to you, I've been an early adopter with technology for as long as I had my first job and could afford to, I've never had anything faulty so I'm either lucky or you've been unlucky :D

I'm looking forward to the Console dropping in 2 months, I'm actually considering changing my Dawn of the Dead pre-order to be the 4k version now :lol:

Not dissing anyone who does, just saying reasons why I don’t .