Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2009, 03:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GTA 'Episodes From Liberty' is out on disc 29th OCT and will contain both MS Exclusive DLC, Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and the Dammed.

This is X360 ONLY and DOES NOT require GTA4 to play.
Episodes is billed as 2 seperate games set in Liberty City in the one box.

Last edited by vipco; 10th October 2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 20th September 2009, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

When I was in town I saw GAME had their own brand 'trigger extentions ' for PS3 at £2.

I got a set of these give to me over a year ago that were made by a company called Girotech, and what they are is trigger mods that fit over the PS3 pads L 2 & R 2 triggers making them broader with a lip at the bottom.
They change the complete feel of the pad when fitted. You'll either love them or hate them.

Great for FPS.

Last edited by vipco; 21st September 2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 9th October 2009, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

SONY has finally seen sense and released pre paid (£20) PS3 store cards.

You can buy then from any GAME Ltd , GameStop and most game selling entermainment stores like HMV.
Old 10th October 2009, 03:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Can anyone recomend Resi 5 or Dead Space for single play.?

I've went to get both twice now and ended up with different games each time as i've been put off it by staff at my local with comments like..."Its really a co-op game" and "the controls are to clunky" (Resi 5) and "You wouldn't like it, its puzzle heavy and some are pretty ilogical" (Dead Space) ...They know my taste in games and hate of puzzles.

Any comments would be appreciated , as i want a horror themed game and both are dirt cheap now, and I dont fancy SAW , and cant wait till AvP.

Thankyou.
Old 10th October 2009, 03:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sony has announced that 'The Getaway', their popular UK based Gangster series , has'nt been 'canned' as reported in IGN several months ago, but has just been put aside so they can concentrate on other projects , including the bigger selling SingStar game plus DLC for the series .
They claim The Getaway is over 50% complete and work on the game will be resummed when other projects are complete.

Another game that was highly anticipated , then disappeared for a very long time , and had also been reported in some X360 mags as 'canned' is ' Alan Wake ' , but a recent statement from the games developers claims that the game , despite a lengthy delay, is now being worked on and will be released some time in the future.
Old 16th October 2009, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The 120GB Elite 360 and the 120GB PS3 Slim are to also come in 250GB versions.

MS announced the 'super elite' 250GB first then Sony countered with news of the 250GB Slim .
*Source....360 Gamer magazine...issue 67

MS will also be releasing a special edition 250GB X-Box 360 with Modern Warfare 2 custom body and a copy of the game, as well as a 120GB X-Box 360 with Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST & a Halo Reach 'Beta' for the run in to Christmas.

Sony are countering with PS3 Slim 120GB with Uncharted 2 and a price markdown on PS3 'fatties', plus numerous 250GB bundles, including one aimed at film fans .

Both companies see the run in to Christmas as essential to they're brand, but both seem to be placing extra emphasis on winning this years holiday sales war , though * Sony has the stronger exclusive titles this year.*

*Source....360 Gamer magazine...issue 67

Games bundled with 250GB machines will include Forza 3 (X 360) Estimated RRP £249.99 and amongst a few Sony bundles will be GT5, Ass. Creed. ll and Uncharted 2 . Estimated RRP £299.99.

Sony also plan to release a BluRay 'Media Pack' aimed at film buff's as well as an 'Eye Toy Pet' bundle, but no hardrive size was stated regarding these, or if they would be Pre or Post crimbo releases.

Shop's will also be offering they're own special Console Bundles as well, including Pre Owned PS3 & X-Box 360 + game/s bundles.

Look's like its a good time to be a prospective console buyer.

Last edited by vipco; 16th October 2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 17th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Can anyone recomend Resi 5 or Dead Space for single play.?

I've went to get both twice now and ended up with different games each time as i've been put off it by staff at my local with comments like..."Its really a co-op game" and "the controls are to clunky" (Resi 5) and "You wouldn't like it, its puzzle heavy and some are pretty ilogical" (Dead Space) ...They know my taste in games and hate of puzzles.

Any comments would be appreciated , as i want a horror themed game and both are dirt cheap now, and I dont fancy SAW , and cant wait till AvP.

Thankyou.
Dead Space is tough but amazing...really scary game to play. Very atmospheric and jumpy.I really can't get enough of this game!!!

Resi 5 was a huge let down for me...looks great, plays ok but is just like a Tomb Raider game
Old 18th October 2009, 11:31 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I got Dead Space for £11,97 new , but reading the manual im not sure if its my cuppa tea.
I seem to have fallen into a comfort zone of Racer's, Sports, Xtreme sports with the odd FPS thown in, so this looks kinda daunting. I might trade it on Friday when I get SvR.

Is it very hard mbv.?
Old 18th October 2009, 11:41 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I got Dead Space for £11,97 new , but reading the manual im not sure if its my cuppa tea.
I seem to have fallen into a comfort zone of Racer's, Sports, Xtreme sports with the odd FPS thown in, so this looks kinda daunting. I might trade it on Friday when I get SvR.

Is it very hard mbv.?
It is hard..there's not loads of ammo lying around so you kinda learn after a few levels to take a step back.

The controls are quite easy to get to grips with...just needs a couple of levels to master
Old 19th October 2009, 07:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My eldest daughter got it for me as it was only 11 quid in Currys (PS3), but she put it by till by B'day in Dec, (a special B'day) so i wont get it till then, but with NBA 10, DIRT 2, NHL 09, FIFA 09 all new buys from last month and SVR 10 to pick up on Friday,(NFS Shift too maybe as i cancelled Borderlands) i should have enough to keep me going till then.

The DS Demo was pretty cool though.

If you like DS, FallOut etc mbv, Borderlands would be worth checking out.

Like this? Share it using the links below!