Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2009, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default X360 upgrade

A new 360 Update. includes, connection to the webs biggest HD DVD Movies site with movie download capabilities, full LAST FM radio use , FaceBook ability from 360, plus many other Gold online extras.

The update will start automatically when you turn your 360 on if you have web conection and its free, though Gold is needed to make use of most of the new services.
Old 17th November 2009, 05:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

EA will be making DLC for NFS SHIFT that will be only available to those who have regestered the game .
You'll find the Reg code on the back of the game manual.

Oh I forgot, you'll recieve NFS related Newsletters as well.

Last edited by vipco; 17th November 2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:47 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Apparently therse a petition going round the net for a CZW video game (death match wrestling), but with some of its wrestlers being involved in the Levy beating , Dustin Lee's expose of the 'no blood tests and rampant STD's and drug use amongst its roster , I cant see any games company being interested no matter now many names it gets.

CZW wrestlers did feature in Backyard Wrestling 2 TGTN. on PS2 some years ago, but the game wasn't a sucess. (it was fun though)
Old 18th November 2009, 02:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Apparently therse a petition going round the net for a CZW video game (death match wrestling), but with some of its wrestlers being involved in the Levy beating , Dustin Lee's expose of the 'no blood tests and rampant STD's and drug use amongst its roster , I cant see any games company being interested no matter now many names it gets.

CZW wrestlers did feature in Backyard Wrestling 2 TGTN. on PS2 some years ago, but the game wasn't a sucess. (it was fun though)
I don't know about the chances of a game but after that little write up i think sales of the next DVD is going to go through the roof,Yeah that Levy incident was pretty bad.

Yeah BYW was fun but it was to much trouble button mashing to do anything
Old 22nd November 2009, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

To many Levy got what he deserved, as he did'nt 'sell' Mickey once , and was obviously untrained & unfit so therefore a danger in any match, nevermind a Death Match to his opponent and himself, though more so his opponent . .
He's lucky it was nowhere as bad as the old ECW 'Mass Transit innicident.

A CZW game would be great fun though , much better than the TNA game , especially if they added past CZW wrestlers.
CZW have great shows that would make for great gaming.

Your right, the Backyard games relied on button mashing to much, but with barbwire and fire to play with, and each match a bloodfest, I found them strangely fun.

Do you remember the ECW games on PS1 and the Legends of Wrestling 1, 2 & 3, (showdown i think 3 was) on PS2 & XBOX Gigantor.?
I loved being able to play as Terry Funk.

Really hard to get today as i've tried to get 2 or 3 recently to no avail.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

EA are to release Comand & Conquer 4 T T , in March, (PC) but if you pre order from the EA Store now you will get to take part in the closed BETA, plus have access to the C & C 4 original soundtrack and a bonus single player mission.
Old 29th January 2010, 04:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If you have X Box 360 and only have Sliver subscription you can still play against online opponents with any EA game as EA use a different server and its free.

You need to pay for a Gold subscription though to play all other games online.
Old 4th February 2010, 03:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

GAMESTOP are now taking music CD's as trade in for Games or BluRay / DVD films.

They're allowing £1 per disc (any type) off anything instore.
Old 6th February 2010, 12:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

EA Sports are to release SOUTH AFRICA - The Offical World Cup Game , on all major gaming platform's, including PC, close to the real event .
The game will feature every real life WC stadium , plus some selected stadiums from around the world, and will be released close to the real tournament to ensure the game has the latest player roster's and team kits.
Gameplay will consist of playing the tournament its self in S Africa, online play including online management and ultimate team management , plus the option to pick any International team, and play though that teams real life world cup qualifying matches , or random team opponent's , and try to bring your team to the South Africa 2010 finals.

EA will also be running an offical online tournament for owners the game , with a fantastic prize as well as being crowned offical world .

Last edited by vipco; 6th February 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 6th March 2010, 11:47 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Two 500GB external HD's are to be launched in Japan this month for PS3.
One sits flat (£105)* while the other stands upright (£82)* .
The release is set to coincide with Sony's new PS3 Digital Video Recording system (and TV tuner) called 'Tome'.
Expect the 2 drives and Tome to launch in the UK later this year.

The extra HD space will also be welcome to users of the PS3 SKY Box & Sony's Hi Def film downloading service.

* prices converted from yen

Last edited by vipco; 7th March 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!