Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2010, 06:10 PM
Active Cultist

Apparently there is a very unique style of online play, essentially it's just the single player game, but you can see other people running around in their own game world online, and you can see their dead bodies where they have died and you can click on them or something and watch the last minute or so and see how they died. Also, players can leave notes for each other with helpful tips, or wrong tips so that you die, depending on how much of a git they/you want to be. And also, other players can get into your game world and help you out, or just kill you, and the same goes for you, you can go into someone elses game world and kill them, or help them out.
Old 15th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
It's not out for another 5 months is it? That's a long time of waiting for me.
But Kyles away at Uni and his 360's at home so it'll fall nicely for him getting off on hol's. He's on 'Uni time' . LOL.

I didn't like the first so I think i'll pass on this myself.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Some racing facts and rumours for you.

Tasty little rumour. EA owned company Criterian's head man Alax Ward has long been a big, big fan of Need for Speed 3DO, (best ever nfs imho) and rumour has it that EA have given him and his BurnOut dev team the brief to make a "revolutionary" NFS game.
Whats ment by revolutionary I dont know, but if its true then this is great news for Race game fans. Imagine a NFS game made by the creators of BurnOut.

Fact - A new PS3 exclusive World Rally Championship game is in development for Sony by Milestone as previous WRC dev team Evolution Studio's are busy with MotorStorm duties.
Each Team car was GPS tracked on each course and all the data was handed over to Milestone , so expect this to feature all the current WRC cars and courses and to handle a lot more realistic than the only other current PS3 Rally car racer , DIRT / DIRT 2 .
Milestone should have no problems in the racing sim department as they're the guy's behind World Championship Super Bikes.
* Rumour - Milestone are trying to use the tech and telemetry collected to try and let the player compete during the actual real life Rally's , and in some way use the real drivers Rally times with the players times on that day in one of its online mode's .

Fact - Test Drive Unlimted is to get a sequel, (PS3/360) only this time the free roaming racer will be set in Ibiza.
You will now be able to drive freely round a accurate virtual Ibiza , with day / night cycle while taking part in organised race's , traffic light races, do errands or simply just taking in the view.
It's also set to include the same 'jump in, jump out' online set up as Burnout - Paradise.
Expect a pumpin soundtrack as well .

Last edited by vipco; 16th April 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 16th April 2010, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sony's Gran Turismo 5 has been put back again, with October being the loose new release date.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Playstation Update Version 3.30 is now available to download.
Dont know what it does though , I just agree and download .
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:44 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Playstation Update Version 3.30 is now available to download.
Dont know what it does though , I just agree and download .
"Sony has updated its PlayStation 3 games console to make it 3D ready.

The firmwire upgrade to version 3.30 also has a number of other improvements. Gamers now have the ability to sort trophies by name, date and other variables.

There's also an improvement to the way Flash is run in the PS3 browser which means online videos should stream more smoothly."

Hate the stupid constant updates on the PS3, mainly because my internet has been a bit dodgy lately and it takes forever to download something which I don't really need.
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks for the explaination Phats.
I aint fussed on the Trophy thing as im on my 2nd PS3 now so i've lost all my early stuff, not to mention the stuff the bug erased , plus I use 360 as much as PS3 so im never gonna get a proper ranking, but the 3D bit sounds promising and the improved video streamings a God send as I had problems here with the moving ad section.
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Went in all excited to get Red Dead Redemption today.... a month too early!
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

LOL , I take it your looking forward to this mbv.?

GAMESTOP are being sued in the USA over Pre Owned games.
Apparently they sold certain pre owned games promising buyers that they still could get the free DLC that came with the game via the enclosed access code , when in fact the code only works on the original machine it was played on.
Codes for DLC straight from the box are the games industries way of trying to stop discs being sold and resold with no royalty paid to the developer , and GAMESTOP knew this was the case with Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network , yet sold it saying the code was still valid.
GAMESTOP enjoyed sales in 09 of over 9 billion dollars and a large part of that was from pre owned games and the company predicts pre owned sales will increase by 5 to 10% thisfiscal year.
Old 23rd April 2010, 04:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Can anyone recommend SAINTS ROW 2 .?

I loved the first game on 360 but any footage i've seen of SR 2 look's very comedy looking and not very gang related.
I loved the gang warefare of the first , but all i've see of 2 is helicopters, flaming quads , parachuting and other silly stuff.

I'd like to pick it up and have it finished story way's before the 3rd games released if it's focused alot on the gang eliments of the first.

Like this? Share it using the links below!