Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

eNoize 1st February 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 61007)

I preferred Flesh For Frankenstein though they're on par really.

Flesh is definitely a lovely classic.

eNoize 1st February 2010 11:17 PM

indeed. I've only seen GND on DVD, so I wonder the picture quality in hi-def. There is also An American Crime on the same true story which is not half bad either.

vincenzo 1st February 2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eNoize (Post 61016)
Flesh is definitely a lovely classic.

People either like it or loathe it. Personally I thought it was great fun.

"Make him unconscious but don't kill him or damage his head in any way!". :laugh:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd February 2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Strange (Post 60276)
What's The Toolbox Murders like Steve? I've only seen the Tobe Hooper remake (not bad).

I've not actually seen TTM. :blush: For someone who claims to be a horror/cult movie fan,there's quite a lot I've still to see.

nekromantik 2nd February 2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eNoize (Post 61020)
indeed. I've only seen GND on DVD, so I wonder the picture quality in hi-def. There is also An American Crime on the same true story which is not half bad either.

Yeah AC is more true to the story but less shocking as they dont show as much.
Dont think GND will be that much better then the DVD cause the way it was shot.

Gojirosan 2nd February 2010 09:30 AM

I got something called Dead End on a whim, mainly because Ray Wise is in it! No idea what the film is or what it's about! The unrated print of Darkness turned up too - I had to see if the uncut version clears up the few issues I had with this film.

Arrived today: Retromedia's release of José Luis Merino's Blood Castle (with astonishngly tacky sleeve art - it fair took me back to my old Betamaxes!).

Pigasus 2nd February 2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 61051)
I got something called Dead End on a whim, mainly because Ray Wise is in it! No idea what the film is or what it's about!

It's an enjoyable black-comedy road-movie with a bleak plot-twist that a keen fan of supernaural horror will probably spot a mile away.
Dead End (review with spoilers!)

antmumford 2nd February 2010 12:30 PM

Dario Argento titles

Cat O'Nine Tails,
Profondo Rosso and
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

Picked up all 3 at Poundland, bargains. Haven't watched them yet so can't comment but I gather the quality won't be so good as they actually look quite cheaply put together. Oh well, will soon find out :)

Gojirosan 2nd February 2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigasus (Post 61073)
It's an enjoyable black-comedy road-movie with a bleak plot-twist that a keen fan of supernaural horror will probably spot a mile away.

I did! :lol:

Heartily enjoyed it though!

:)

mbv 2nd February 2010 09:31 PM

Picked up
The incredible melting man
Blood suckers
Salems Lot(remake)
Death Screams
All for 10euro today.