Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 20th February 2010 09:21 PM

I had Final Destination through the post today. Can't wait to see this in hi-def, will be giving it a spin very shortly!

pedromonkey 20th February 2010 09:48 PM

crossroads was unavailable in the uk for a very long time and the Region 1 dvds would go for mental prices, it's also a rare Ralph Maccio movie where he doesn't wax on or wax off..

antmumford 20th February 2010 09:59 PM

Crossroads is actually an HMV exclusive and only £3.99 online. Definitely worth picking it up as you can't get it elsewhere. EDIT: Tell a lie, amazon have it for £2.98

Just got Jigsaw for a quid in poundland and This Is It on Blu-ray.

pedromonkey 20th February 2010 11:34 PM

the michael jackson thing? that's not out till monday...

antmumford 20th February 2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 63766)
the michael jackson thing? that's not out till monday...

I pre-ordered it from HMV and they shipped it on Wednesday, arrived yesterday morning! :laugh:

pedromonkey 21st February 2010 12:26 AM

i've heard alot of people didn't think it was all that, alot of filler and not enough dancing and singing, but then again it was never meant to be a movie. i'll check it out as i like a bit of jacko,

antmumford 21st February 2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 63770)
i've heard alot of people didn't think it was all that, alot of filler and not enough dancing and singing, but then again it was never meant to be a movie. i'll check it out as i like a bit of jacko,

Do you know what, I couldn't disagree more with those people. I thought it was just brilliant, it was tune after tune. If anything I'd rather have seen more of the creating and behind the scenes stuff. Hence buying the Blu-ray because there are lots more featurettes to check out, with the dancing rehearsals and bits.
You really have to see it if you're a fan, it's just great to see Michael singing and dancing again. He hadn't lost it one bit. Which is a relief as I saw him at the World music awards and he was so shy and barely sang a note.
I have to say that after seeing this I realised that I would have been attending THE greatest concert ever created.

pedromonkey 21st February 2010 12:11 PM

damn it now i wanna see im gonna go and get it from work now....

nekromantik 21st February 2010 01:11 PM

Just got Arrow's Sleepless
;)

darthelvis 21st February 2010 05:02 PM

just bought Moon and Hurt Locker on blu ray from hmv, but highlight of my day was meeting James Earl Jones and getting my Empire Strikes Back dvd signed.