Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 6th April 2010 12:52 PM

Just purchased :

The Omen pentology (Fox)
Hills have eyes (2 disc AB)
Hills have eyes 2 (which I've heard is dire but it was only £1 - AB)
Tombs of the Blind Dead & Night of the Seagulls (AB)

sgt harry 6th April 2010 11:31 PM

Recently procured

you might not belive this but i recently bought some of the most [i think] underrated horrors of the last 30 years the return of the living dead trilogy and the 4 phantasms oh almost forgot about zombieland nine dead and S.O.T.D

re.form 7th April 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgt harry (Post 72125)
you might not belive this but i recently bought some of the most [i think] underrated horrors of the last 30 years the return of the living dead trilogy and the 4 phantasms oh almost forgot about zombieland nine dead and S.O.T.D

I love my Anchor Bay R2 Phantasm Box Set. I love all those movies to death, Even the fourth, which is mostly outakes from the first movie.

nekromantik 7th April 2010 01:17 AM

Yeah the Phantastm Region 2 set is awesome.
The sphere is cool :)

oaxaca 7th April 2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgt harry (Post 72125)

ROTLD and the other 2 are so much fun. Remember never to cremate a radioactive zombie, it will just make matters worse :p

Philleh 7th April 2010 11:18 AM

Just picked up Sarcophilous Films Invitation to Hell / The Last Night - 25th Anniversay Special Edition :thumb:

Daemonia 7th April 2010 11:46 AM

Recently seen:

Friday the 13th (original) - The UK disc is brilliant and the film itself looks stunning, the best it's ever looked. Packed with extras too, which is good.

House of Wax (remake) - I reckon this is one of the better remakes and a guilty pleasure of mine for sure. Looks excellent in HD.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Absolutely stunning film on a stunning Blu-ray. It's never looked better and I had a great time with the film again.

A Time to Kill - I've always liked this John Grisham adaptation and so I nabbed this on Blu-ray. Superb film and the clarity of the image here is breathtaking, one of the finest Blu-ray's I've seen yet.

Ghost Ship - Another guilty pleasure, because it's really not a great film, but I like it anyway. Again, another superb presentation from Warners.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th April 2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 72187)
Just picked up Sarcophilous Films Invitation to Hell / The Last Night - 25th Anniversay Special Edition :thumb:

A nice little duo there Phil. :thumb: PQ is pretty awful but you expect that from a Murphy film. ;) Great trashy fun all the same though! :biggrin:

I keep meaning to pick up Sarcophilous Films' release of Murphy's Skare too. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th April 2010 12:14 PM

Just popped into HMV and picked up Arrow's Stendhal Syndrome dvd.I friggin love that artwork,yes I do!

vincenzo 7th April 2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 72204)
House of Wax (remake) - I reckon this is one of the better remakes and a guilty pleasure of mine for sure.

I found this surprisingly enjoyable too. Bears little resemblance to the original (another favourite of mine) but pretty good in its own way. Great effects at the end too.

[spoiler]I was shocked to see Paris Hilton being killed by a spear in the head though. It would have missed her brains by about 5 feet. :D[/spoiler]