Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 09:58 AM

Got my replacement Friday the 13th boxset...... and the box is cracked even more than the 1st one I bought. Sent it back and basically told them to keep their replacements. Needless to say, they won't be getting positive feedback!

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 209000)
Got my replacement Friday the 13th boxset...... and the box is cracked even more than the 1st one I bought. Sent it back and basically told them to keep their replacements. Needless to say, they won't be getting positive feedback!

Oh. :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 209000)

That's real shame. Can you fix the first box by putting some clear tape on the inside? I know Sellotape has a slightly yellow tint, but you can buy sticky tape which is virtually transparent, so that may be worth a try.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 11:25 AM

Great minds think alike. That's exactly what I am going to do, since the crack is at the side on the trees, it won't look as bad.

nekromantik 13th January 2012 12:34 PM

UK Suspiria blu is a bit too pink.
The detail however is much better then DVDs.
The colors on the Japanese blu are less pink so a lot better but its in 1080i not 1080p.

keirarts 13th January 2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 208863)
I was under the assumption that the first wave of US Redemption BDs were slated for release on 24th January? :confused:

I've pre-ordered them all, and that is what Planet Axel is telling me anyway!

yeah sorry... I pre-ordered.

I know those 3-disc editions are meant to be the dog's B******s but PQ-wise redemption have rarely let me down. I'm keeping a strict £20-30 budget, so I can't order them all at once.

pedromonkey 13th January 2012 06:09 PM

ordered these lovelies today....

Grapes Of Death - Redemption dvd
Ninja - Issac Florentine
Enter The Ninja - Franco Nero
True Romance - Blu

Mojo 13th January 2012 07:23 PM

More BFI Flipside

Bronco Bullfrog

Enjoyable tale of growing up ( and getting into trouble ) in late 60s London. The sometimes awkward performances somehow add to the film's charm.

Man Of Violence

Pete Walker's gangland tale, told in an almost pastiche style. The 'export cut' of Strip Poker is also included as an extra, which is a bit less polished but a lot sleazier. Another stunning print from the BFI.

Gojirosan 13th January 2012 07:37 PM

I have seen and owned Suspiria on DVD, VHS, Beta and Laserdisc - both PAL and NTSC.

The only colour problem I can see on the UK BD is that the skin tones are slightly too red. The other colours are vivid and lurid and exactly as it is supposed to be. It's a great release with one tiny issue, easily resolved by adjusting the colour control a tiny amount on your telly.

Nemesis 13th January 2012 08:07 PM

Lorna the Exorcist
Succubus
Callan - the colour years
The Shadow Line Blu
The Exterminator blu (Arrow)