Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 28th August 2012 09:17 PM

I would go for the one sheet. ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th August 2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 269329)
I would go for the one sheet. ;)

Agreed.

SShaw 28th August 2012 10:21 PM

A couple of hours to kill at Heathrow T4 on the way home this afternoon so I killed some time in HMV looking through their 5 Blu-rays for 25 pounds offer. So I bought:

We are what we are (which I saw at Fantastic Fest back in 2010)
Pans Labyrinth
Devils Backbone (which I saw at the Edinburgh International Film Festival)
Martyrs (haven't seen this yet)
Panic Button (which I saw at Fright Fest Glasgow this year)

and er ... Outpost 2 (which I saw at Fright Fest)

pedromonkey 28th August 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 269344)
A couple of hours to kill at Heathrow T4 on the way home this afternoon so I killed some time in HMV looking through their 5 Blu-rays for 25 pounds offer. So I bought:

We are what we are (which I saw at Fantastic Fest back in 2010)
Pans Labyrinth
Devils Backbone (which I saw at the Edinburgh International Film Festival)
Martyrs (haven't seen this yet)
Panic Button (which I saw at Fright Fest Glasgow this year)

and er ... Outpost 2 (which I saw at Fright Fest)

Outpost 2 was great. maybe even better than the first

fuzzymctiger 28th August 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djvaso (Post 269268)
Odd thing happened: I bought limited edition of "The House by the Cemetery" but the DVD has the same content as Blu-ray?! I think that I should get DVD with "'The House by the Cemetery' Q&A" interview, deleted scene, theatrical trailer, TV spot and bonus "Italian Horror" trailers. Is this correct?

Oops. Arrow had a recall when this was first released due to this problem. Contact them and they should be able to fix it.

Scyther 28th August 2012 10:36 PM

Fernando di Leo's Madness and Naked Violence, alongside Claudio Fragasso's Nightkiller Also gonna order some westerns tonight, probably: Fulci's Silver Saddle and Fidani's Coffin Full of Dollars

Eurosleaze 29th August 2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 269322)
I said I wasn't going to buy this but $8 is too cheap to pass Chuck Bronson up on Blu.:yield: Now please, someone talk me out of buying the zombie head edition of The Walking Dead Season 2 before I pull the trigger.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.png

It's the heavily cut US 'R'-rated version. I wouldn't bother.

fuzzymctiger 29th August 2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 269350)
Outpost 2 was great. maybe even better than the first

For me, the 2 Outposts are almost like completely different films that shouldn't be compared.
This first is a fantastic atmospheric horror/thriller, very claustrophobic and a great concept.
The second takes the idea further and spreads it, creating almost like a strange zombie movie, or military experiment gone wrong movie,

Jinx_Barkman 29th August 2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurosleaze (Post 269360)
It's the heavily cut US 'R'-rated version. I wouldn't bother.

Thanks the heads up but I already knew that unfortunate bit, I just couldn't help myself while I was out today.

I've heard the second season is better than the first. What do you guys think? I thought Days Gone Bye was absolutely brilliant but the rest of the first season felt a little flat to me.:noidea:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th August 2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djvaso (Post 269268)
Odd thing happened: I bought limited edition of "The House by the Cemetery" but the DVD has the same content as Blu-ray?! I think that I should get DVD with "'The House by the Cemetery' Q&A" interview, deleted scene, theatrical trailer, TV spot and bonus "Italian Horror" trailers. Is this correct?

As has been said, the first releases had a BD and DVD with the same content, so send an e-mail to info@arrowfilms.co.uk explaining what has happened and attaching the shipping e-mail and they'll send you a DVD with the extra features.