Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 30th August 2012 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Watched HEADHUNTERS last night.

Attachment 77903

A corporate headhunter by day and art thief by night crosses the wrong fella and a brutal game of cat and mouse ensues that threatens to unravel his life.

Gripping and highly entertaining, headhunters is a well paced thriller with lots of interesting twists. Some things feel a little to convienient at times but overall this is well worth a watch.

Rik 30th August 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 269635)
Sainsbury's have posted the JAWS Steelbook to me this morn (due out on monday)! Hoping it will get here before the weekend. Nice one Sainsbury's! :D

I've used them for a few pre-orders recently, they seem to come in cheapest and always dispatch on the Thursday before Monday release dates, excellent service from them, Amazon should take note!

fuzzymctiger 30th August 2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 269635)
Sainsbury's have posted the JAWS Steelbook to me this morn (due out on monday)! Hoping it will get here before the weekend. Nice one Sainsbury's! :D

On the topic of Jaws, as I reached this recently (not the fancy new release though. A bootleg with great picture quality, but also little bits of print damage and occasional fading. Gave a nice feel to it.)

Did anyone notice the actual shooting star in the background of the scene on the boat where the Chief is reloading his revolver?

Baseball Fury 30th August 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 269656)
Did anyone notice the actual shooting star in the background of the scene on the boat where the Chief is reloading his revolver?

I always thought those were faked, haha.

I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High last night, still a classic. Incredible cast really, some 80's/90's legends in there, and Phoebe Cates! :love: HUBBA HUBBA indeed.

Anyway, blu-ray looked nice, like a film from the early 80's, which it is, so no complaints from me!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th August 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 269631)
Eh, Zoolander is a great film. Thank you, and goodnight! :lol:

I've only seen it once, but loved it and have been meaning to buy it on DVD ever since. As I still haven't added it to my collection, I'll have to buy the BD sometime soon.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th August 2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tessa Bakker (Post 269634)
Have to agree with you baby, it's a great film.

Yeah it is! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 269683)
I've only seen it once, but loved it and have been meaning to buy it on DVD ever since. As I still haven't added it to my collection, I'll have to buy the BD sometime soon.

The BD is missing all the extras from the dvd. I bet the US disc (when it's announced) will have them.

James Morton 30th August 2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 269562)
:shocked:Zoo lander you should be :embarassed:
:are you :crazy:

agree with you there
ZOOLANDER is more stupid than funny
Ben Stiller has made much better and a whole lot funnier
when interviewed by Jonathan Ross some time ago he said he was maybe making a sequel
THERES SOMETHING ABOUT MARY, HEARTBREAK KID, TROPIC THUNDER are funny
but not ZOOLANDER!

Bringer Of Funerals 30th August 2012 03:31 PM

Linewatch
Spider Man & His Amazing Friends (Seasons 1 - 3)
Avengers Complete 1999 Series

These are the last orders of Aug

I really want Blade Runner the new set thats out (or coming out) even though I already have the 5 dvd ultimate edition of it in a nice metal tin and everytime I see it on Amazon it torments me. I haven't seen Linewatch but it sounded interesting and as you all know i get drawn to STV films. Plus you cant go wrong for 79p

Rik 30th August 2012 08:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just pre-ordered these 3 for £14.95 each from Zavvi, that's it now for me this year otherwise I'll have no student loan left by Xmas(who am I kidding!)
Attachment 77979Attachment 77980
Attachment 77981

Make Them Die Slowly 30th August 2012 09:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 269636)
I remember seeing it for sale in one of London's big record stores (Virgin/HMV/Tower, forget which) back in the day - always thought it looked a bit w***! :D

You're not wrong.