Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 2nd October 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278224)
Ah well, different strokes. I think it's one of the better.

:eek::shocked:

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278226)
:eek::shocked:

I mean it. Most of the other's people like I can't stand.
Cat's Eye? Shit. Maximum Overdrive? Shite. Needful Thing's? Ok, I actualy like that one. SpiritCatcher? More like SPITCatcher.
Graveyard Shift has a ****ing giant rat in it. What's not to like?

Rik 2nd October 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278232)
I mean it. Most of the other's people like I can't stand.
Cat's Eye? Shit. Maximum Overdrive? Shite. Needful Thing's? Ok, I actualy like that one. SpiritCatcher? More like SPITCatcher.
Graveyard Shift has a ****ing giant rat in it. What's not to like?

I agree about Maximum Overdrive, Hell so does Stephen King himself, do you mean Dreamcatcher? If so, then that is a great film, obviously not as good as the book(they rarely are, ahem The Shining anybody) I think if you read the short story Graveyard Shift you may have a different opinion, but each to their own :)

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278233)
I agree about Maximum Overdrive, Hell so does Stephen King himself, do you mean Dreamcatcher? If so, then that is a great film, obviously not as good as the book(they rarely are, ahem The Shining anybody) I think if you read the short story Graveyard Shift you may have a different opinion, but each to their own :)

That's the one. Alien grub's isn't it? Form a human at one point. After that I just switched off. I really didn't like it, and don't feel i'll return to it soon.
As for the work's of Mr. King, I appreciate what he has done for the horror community, but I couldn't get over the fact that, no matter how could alot of his work may be, he's a bit of a dick. That alway's mard the few book's of his I have read.

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 278216)
Sorry for being off topic but first thing i would buy with the lotto. A whole fleet of Hot Rods , Rat Rods and Bobbers.

Attachment 83391

Attachment 83392

Attachment 83393

ah that reminded me, not related to your wants but thinking of extravagant lotto buys there was a full size Creature from the Black Lagoon figure I wanted for my bathroom! I think I've been dreaming about getting this for the last decade.

This one here!

Sorry for being off topic too!!!!

oaxaca 2nd October 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278237)
That's the one. Alien grub's isn't it? Form a human at one point. After that I just switched off. I really didn't like it, and don't feel i'll return to it soon.
As for the work's of Mr. King, I appreciate what he has done for the horror community, but I couldn't get over the fact that, no matter how could alot of his work may be, he's a bit of a dick. That alway's mard the few book's of his I have read.

Alien grubs yeah, called shitweasels in the film/book; great name :D As for the film itself, pretty dire, book was much better I agree.

Why's King a dick then? Does he come across that way in interviews? I must admit to not ever really having heard or seen him talk in an interview. He'll always be a legend to me as I've grown up with his books and films. SALEMS LOT will always be my fave horror movie/series of all time :D

And I for one reeeealy enjoy GRAVEYARD SHIFT (both book and film - despite them being totally different!)... I'd be all over a BD release.

I'll be buying MISERY (UK), THINNER (US) & SLEEPWALKERS BDs very soon and need to pick CUJO up too in the long run. PET SEMETARY is great but I'm happy with the DVD set (containing 1 & 2) for now.

re.form 2nd October 2012 08:55 PM

I can't agree that Maximum Overdrive is shit. It's 80's cheesy goodness with Killer Trucks and an AC/DC soundtrack. Considering some of the films I see people on here actually double or triple dipping for... :confused:

Rik 2nd October 2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 278266)
I can't agree that Maximum Overdrive is shit. It's 80's cheesy goodness with Killer Trucks and an AC/DC soundtrack. Considering some of the films I see people on here actually double or triple dipping for... :confused:

The soundtrack is awesome, I think I have it cassette somewhere :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278224)
Ah well, different strokes. I think it's one of the better.

I saw this in the bloody cinema!:lol:
Daftly enjoyable.:nod:

g053584398 2nd October 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278238)
ah that reminded me, not related to your wants but thinking of extravagant lotto buys there was a full size Creature from the Black Lagoon figure I wanted for my bathroom! I think I've been dreaming about getting this for the last decade.

This one here!

Sorry for being off topic too!!!!

If only all girls were as kooky as you!