Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 20th October 2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 284386)
Yeah, I noticed that in the Covent garden store the other week when I was visiting London. Was tempted to pick it up due to how cheap it was but, already owning the original Arrow dvd and the bluray, thought it would be a bit pointless to buy a DVD I know I'd never watch

haha same here :lol:

When you're faced with a wall of cheap Arrow titles, it's hard to resist getting even the ones you don't want! Think I did well to come away only with 3 titles (there's always next week...) . . .

Frankie Teardrop 20th October 2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 284286)
A trip to Fopp and Bee landed me these.

I really like 'Vinyan'.

Slippery Jack 20th October 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 284391)
I really like 'Vinyan'.

Same here. Think Du Weltz bettered Calvaire with that follow up. Look forward to his third . . .

Make Them Die Slowly 20th October 2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 284392)
Same here. Think Du Weltz bettered Calvaire with that follow up. Look forward to his third . . .

Cheers for that, it's been bugging me all day as to the director's first film.

SShaw 20th October 2012 10:05 PM

My BR copy of Some Guy Who Kills People (one of my favourite films of last year) arrived from Play.com this afternoon. Won't have time to watch it for a while as I am off on a business trip tomorrow until Friday followed by a visit to London next weekend for the Frightfest all-nighter.

fuzzymctiger 20th October 2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 284334)
Attachment 87341

now if only they would release the series on blu-ray!!!

Quite possibly one of the best. Movies. EVER!!!

This is the first thing I'm getting when I get a region free player.

gag 20th October 2012 10:52 PM

went shopping today and bought a few things and four films

Frontiers
Cannonball run
Blood bay
cant remember other film

only problem was i put them down somewhere maybe while in a shop etc and walked away and forgot them and cant remember where only realised when i got home not good at all :(

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th October 2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 284356)
Never heard of Cutting Class before. Looks interesting

Its not Paul, its poor. A very tame slasher from the time when slashers had nothing new to say at all. The acting is garbage, even from Pitt who showed none of the talent that would make him a superstar.

The UK release would cost you 1p plus postage but that's a bit expensive really.

The UK version is uncut but i would have preferred a cut copy as it would have been shorter. :lol:

Criterion7 21st October 2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 284419)
Its not Paul, its poor. A very tame slasher from the time when slashers had nothing new to say at all. The acting is garbage, even from Pitt who showed none of the talent that would make him a superstar.

The UK release would cost you 1p plus postage but that's a bit expensive really.

The UK version is uncut but i would have preferred a cut copy as it would have been shorter. :lol:

Actually its not that bad.

Its a cheesy 80s slasher that came in right at the tail end of the period. 1989. Cutting Class aside from Brad Pitt also had scream queen of the time Jill Scholeon and Roddy MacDowall.

Its never going to be considered a classic slasher but its far far from as bad as some say it is.

This side of the water its actually becoming a very hard and sometimes expensive find.

The worst thing this film does is coming in after a huge amount of slashers had deluged the market.

Thats just my personal opinion Paul. Watch and see for yourself.

Demdike if theres a sight I can get slasher movies for 1P please send me a link, not remotely joking, I collect horror but have a special place in my heart for this genre. Looks like our opinions on it differ but hey thats why theres movies for everyone.

keirarts 21st October 2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 284367)
Woah! Hold it right there!.....The Cowboy Bebop Movies on BD? :eek:
I just got rid of my old DVD copy of it hoping there would one day be a release, can't believe I missed it! And it's £7 on Amazon marketplace! STEAL!!!:car:

Took me by surprise too!