Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Richcrue 5th May 2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 77415)
Nice! In English with German subs? or German/English dubs?
Uncut I presume.

Yes, all uncut,remastered,in english with multi subs-Danish,norwegian,swedish etc.

42ndStreetFreak 5th May 2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 77449)
I've not seen COP since 1988.Keep meaning to buy the dvd.

I always preferred the trailer edit of the ending to the final scene. Where the swearing is 'replaced' with him shooting the shotgun.
Goes something like..."yeah, as a Cop i have to being you in. But i'm suspended so I don't give a..." *BANG BANG BANG*

mark meakin 5th May 2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 77443)
Good to see some James Woods fans! yeah, its a brilliant film, I think Woods must be one of the most underrated hollywood actors, he plays his characters so intense its hilarious. A very natural flair for comedy. I would recommend his 1988 film COP; another classic Woods film :D

Best Seller (1987) which co-stars Brian Dennehy is also another underrated Woods movie.

42ndStreetFreak 5th May 2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 77564)
Best Seller (1987) which co-stars Brian Dennehy is also another underrated Woods movie.

GREAT film! Such a superb team-up of two hard asses in top form.
Along with "FX" it has Dennehy's best 'shouty, sweary, rant at a bad guy' scene ever!

oaxaca 5th May 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 77576)
GREAT film! Such a superb team-up of two hard asses in top form.
Along with "FX" it has Dennehy's best 'shouty, sweary, rant at a bad guy' scene ever!

Yeah Best Seller is a very good film! Also, Woods did a film called True Believer with R.Downey Jr, where he played a scuzzball lawyer, pretty good but he's better as a crazy cop I think :p. Wasn't such a fan of Boost, where he played a total coke head! Oh, Salvador is possibly my favourite Woods film (and Oliver Stone film). Need to see The Onion Field. JC's Vampires was obviously very good. The TV show Shark was ok too but not great! I guess he's getting on a bit now, but hopefully has a few more good films left in him!

Ps. Anyone seen the Golem-Globus film 52-Pickup starring Roy Scheider? Great film in the mould of Woods' 80s action flicks.

Basketcase 5th May 2010 04:28 PM

recently bought:
salo: 120 days in sodom 2 disc edition
Basketcase 2 & 3 on one disc
man to man with dean learner 2 disc edition
irreversible
silent night deadly night

42ndStreetFreak 5th May 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 77591)
Yeah Best Seller is a very good film! Also, Woods did a film called True Believer with R.Downey Jr, where he played a scuzzball lawyer

Yes. Called something else here though I think....er.....hold on....."Fighting Justice", that was it.

Also WELL worth a damn good look is "Badge of the Assassin" where he's a Prosecutor (Woods, loves those frickin' Lawyers) trying to put away a bunch of militant Black guys for killing two cops, with the help of a Black Cop Yaphet Kotto.

And..."Split-Image" an earlier team-up with Dennehy where he's a 'de-programmer' trying to get Dennehy's son out of, and then keep out of, a sinister cult run by Peter Fonda.

Both pretty much forgotten. Both class acts.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th May 2010 07:11 PM

After all the reminiscing of James woods,and not having seen it for years,I just ordered the excellent COP. :woot:

Gojirosan 5th May 2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 77607)
And..."Split-Image" an earlier team-up with Dennehy where he's a 'de-programmer' trying to get Dennehy's son out of, and then keep out of, a sinister cult run by Peter Fonda.

Great flick.

BioZombie 5th May 2010 07:39 PM

Picked up Man Bites Dog in HMV today. Heard lots of good things about it, I'll be watching this tonight!