Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

tele1962 15th February 2013 05:35 PM

Just recieved The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. Only £2.99 from EBAY.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953) Trailer - YouTube

bdc 15th February 2013 06:22 PM

Another classic added to the collection. :)

God of Gamblers - Remastered (1989) (Mei Ah)

http://dv1.us/p1/751/038751-d0.jpg

trebor8273 15th February 2013 08:14 PM

8 Attachment(s)
picked some stuff up from cex and that's entertainment today

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th February 2013 08:43 PM

Ordered Twilight Time's Christine & The Fury blu-rays. Took me half an hour after they went up for pre-order, as the site crashed (which seems to be normal when they first go up). Had to use my phone as it was the only way I could get on the site! I'll be eating beans on toast one week next month when they're released, as this madman went for the express shipping!

Refused 15th February 2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 321851)
Ordered Twilight Time's Christine & The Fury blu-rays. Took me half an hour after they went up for pre-order, as the site crashed (which seems to be normal when they first go up). Had to use my phone as it was the only way I could get on the site! I'll be eating beans on toast one week next month when they're released, as this madman went for the express shipping!

I splashed out and spent £8 on a DVD and felt bad enough. I don't dare buy any Twilight Time releases, the buyers remorse would be unbearable!

nekromantik 15th February 2013 09:08 PM

I also ordered Christine!!
Already feeling the remorse as I gotta add another £8 onto it for tracking as if normal mail gets lot SA wont replace.

dream demon 15th February 2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320560)
Never mind I've put the disc in and it's just the film and no extras, it's the Anchor Bay 'Horror Classics' version but it is uncut, it's 99 mins and looks like NTSC. It was only £1.50 though and I just felt like watching it :D

You have to be careful with CEX - I've personally got home to find that they have put the wrong edition in the case ie. taken the case for the 'good' version to the till and they've stuck the bog standard budget barebones disc in instead. Could be worth taking it back to the store and pointing this out maybe?

Justin101 15th February 2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 321866)
You have to be careful with CEX - I've personally got home to find that they have put the wrong edition in the case ie. taken the case for the 'good' version to the till and they've stuck the bog standard budget barebones disc in instead. Could be worth taking it back to the store and pointing this out maybe?

It was the only copy they had in there, and since I wasn't bothered about the movie and it was only cheap I'm not that bothered. Thanks though.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th February 2013 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 321808)
Yeah allyourmusic is pretty good!
My weekend criterion arrived today also from Amazon US.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

My Terrorvision/The Video Dead arrived this morning. Now THAT'S how you do a double feature cover! :D

Attachment 100535

demonknight 16th February 2013 11:22 AM

Waiting on some pre-orders,Terrorvision/The Video dead combo,The region B
release of From Beyond bluray and dvd,The Ray Harryhausen documentary
on bluray and dvd,and Dracula (1958) 3 disc bluray/dvd combo in March.
My Sony bluray player isn't multi region so i went for the Terrorvision/The Video dead combo for the dvd.Thank god for multi region dvd players.And on a slightly different note,it's nice to have The Walking dead season 3 back on
our screens.