Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 31st July 2013 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 116113
Picked this up cheap today, think it's widescreen though doesn't give any info on back cover. Either way it's a better copy than my old VHS. Also has a commentary & trailer but doesn't mention that either. Pleasantly surprised.:)

troggi 31st July 2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 355587)
Used to be on CNX/Toonami when I was a kid, such a good series!

Wasn't that THE best channel, great HK action films "Birds of Prey" and some class toons! Man I wish they'd kept it going!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st August 2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 355690)
Attachment 116113
Picked this up cheap today, think it's widescreen though doesn't give any info on back cover. Either way it's a better copy than my old VHS. Also has a commentary & trailer but doesn't mention that either. Pleasantly surprised.:)

I think that it's a direct copy of the US Anchor Bay release.

In any respect, it's a decent print and a great little film too. :nod:

nosferatu42 1st August 2013 02:30 AM

Just started a thread in Horror lucky dip section called 'Beginning of your Horror obsession?' ,would be interested to see everyone's responses. :)

nosferatu42 1st August 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 355700)
Just started a thread in Horror lucky dip section called 'Beginning of your Horror obsession?' ,would be interested to see everyone's responses. :)

Looks like this has been merged with another thread called ' How Did the Obsession Begin for You?'. Didn't realise this already existed. :doh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st August 2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 355768)
Looks like this has been merged with another thread called ' How Did the Obsession Begin for You?'. Didn't realise this already existed. :doh:

Don't worry about it. That's why it's always best to search and browse around before starting a new thread!

demonknight 1st August 2013 03:18 PM

The Burning digitally remastered 2 disc DVD edition and
Cannibal Ferox-Deluxe Uncensored Letterboxed Edition DVD
arrived this morning :)

trebor8273 1st August 2013 04:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
these arrived and ordered the incredible melting man from amazon thanks to keirarts

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st August 2013 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=The Reaper Man@Cult Labs;355422]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 355276)
Got an email saying it's been despatched. Now that I think about it, I've ordered from them before and can't remember having a problem. Must be something about your face they just don't like Reaps. :pound:

Must be.

Never had a problem in the past apart from some 'Very good' descriptions being tatty.
Now though,they're a ****ing joke.:mmph:

Ain't found an HMV with one yet either.

My Naked Lies dvd arrived from Zoverstocks, and their description of 'very good',was wrong! 'Like new' or 'mint' would've been better.

So yeah, I can only assume they've taken a disliking to you mate!

keirarts 1st August 2013 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen@Cult Labs;355841]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 355422)

My Naked Lies dvd arrived from Zoverstocks, and their description of 'very good',was wrong! 'Like new' or 'mint' would've been better.

So yeah, I can only assume they've taken a disliking to you mate!

Zoverstock use the descripter very good for just about everything. I ordered a blu of Dolan's cadillac that turned up factory sealed. I also remember getting a Glengarry Glenross dvd that was scratched up. You pays your money you takes your chances.

I would suggest though that any items not shown up are more likely down to the Royal mail than Zoverstocks. If Z aint going to ship something, they will just cancel it!