Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 5th September 2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this in CEX for 50p, rubbish transfer and all, but Savalas in overdrive and Franco nero... just don't expect HD, heh heh.

trebor8273 5th September 2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 363821)
Two-thirds of a CEX order came today, these being...

Eskimo Nell - £3.50 - well pleased with this as it's OOP
Electra Glide in Blue - £4.00

Just waiting on this one to complete the order...

Dark Days (documentary) - £2.00 - another one that's OOP

CEX's online ordering system seems a lot better than it used to be. Last time I ordered off them, they were awful but the 2 that arrived today were only ordered yesterday!

I think it depends on which stores stock is coming from, when I've ordered had stuff turn up quickly while others times it takes days for them to pick stock, mind if my local stores are anything to go by I'm not surprised last time I was in most of been 6 or 7 members of staff but apart from one the rest where doing nothing.

Wes 5th September 2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 363821)
Dark Days (documentary) - £2.00 - another one that's OOP

Great pick up. I haven't seen this one myself but I always wanted to, fascinating subject. And music by DJ Shadow...

bdc 5th September 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 363823)
Found this in CEX for 50p, rubbish transfer and all, but Savalas in overdrive and Franco nero... just don't expect HD, heh heh.

Great film imho,I wish there was a better dvd...but this one isn't all that bad,except for the night scenes I guess.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 363818)
Attachment 119509 Attachment 119510

Attachment 119511 Attachment 119512

Managed to pick this lot up for just under £15!

Did you see the stills i did for The Devil's Wedding Night? Its a decent transfer when you get past the green lines of hell. Count Dracula's Great Love is far worse unfortunately, still watchable though. I'll be interested to know what you think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 363823)

Pete recommended this to me last year. Its a decent little thriller. Well worth picking up.

Sam 5th September 2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 363828)
Great pick up. I haven't seen this one myself but I always wanted to, fascinating subject. And music by DJ Shadow...

I saw it a good few years ago and it's an amazingly intimate documentary. The Bridge is also recommended (if you haven't seen it) if you enjoy human-interest documentaries that are a little left-field. Not nearly as depressing as it seems and even strangely uplifting at times.

Philosophy of a Knife 5th September 2013 08:18 PM

In the post recently...

Night of the Creeps - blu ray, so dreamy!

And some DVDs...

Children of the Corn 1-3 box set.
Hollywood DVDs 'Action' 1-3 - mainly wanted no. 3 for Nightmare at Noon.
Slashers - only picked it up because its on Redemption. Looking at the case I have a horrible feeling I watched this before and didn't enjoy it much, but well see.
Steel Frontier - looks like some fun post-apoc cheese.

Also got a VHS...

Class of 1999 - only seen the sequel and enjoyed it immensely, this looks fun!

Philosophy of a Knife 5th September 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 363836)
I saw it a good few years ago and it's an amazingly intimate documentary. The Bridge is also recommended (if you haven't seen it) if you enjoy human-interest documentaries that are a little left-field. Not nearly as depressing as it seems and even strangely uplifting at times.

The Bridge was fantastic! That's one I have to revisit!

Philosophy of a Knife 5th September 2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 363818)
Attachment 119512

Managed to pick this lot up for just under £15!

The sci fi set is great fun!

monkeyscreams 5th September 2013 09:04 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/06/y8a3enej.jpg

In the post today and about to watch it now. I really liked Onibaba from the same director.

(Sorry about the large image. I don't know how to resize it before posting.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD