Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SShaw 6th September 2013 08:08 PM

This weekends purchases:

Paradise Love first of the Austrian Paradise trilogy. This chapter follows a middle-aged Austrian woman as she travels to a Kenyan beach resort in search of love.

The Bay I quite liked this found footage effort from a more mainstream Hollywood director when I saw it in Glasgow. Let's see if it stands up to a second viewing.

Sam 6th September 2013 08:59 PM

They've got an offer on Documentaries in Fopp at the moment. I could've got a lot more but just picked up Murder on a Sunday Morning, which I've been wanting to see for years. Might pop back over the next week or so and hoover up a few more such as 'Jonestown' and 'Paradise Lost'.

... also picked up the 'I Partridge' book, which was £2 with any purchase

oaxaca 6th September 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 364104)
They've got an offer on Documentaries in Fopp at the moment. I could've got a lot more but just picked up Murder on a Sunday Morning, which I've been wanting to see for years. Might pop back over the next week or so and hoover up a few more such as 'Jonestown' and 'Paradise Lost'.

... also picked up the 'I Partridge' book, which was £2 with any purchase

Was in Fopp earlier too and picked up THE SEVENTH SEAL for £5... Bargain! :D

Sam 6th September 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 364115)
Was in Fopp earlier too and picked up THE SEVENTH SEAL for £5... Bargain! :D

That's what I love about Fopp, they'll have titles on offer that you wouldn't even expect to see on the High Street.

bdc 7th September 2013 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to pick this up at the post office this morning.

I needed this as a work-around to get my old internal ide pata "big" bd player to work with my new laptop (which only fits "slim" optical drives and has a internal sata connection).
Works fine so far with dvd's it seems,still have to install bd software before I can try it with a blu.

USB External Case/Enclosure For 12.7mm IDE Laptop Blu-ray Drive (from Singapore ;) ).

trebor8273 7th September 2013 11:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
another charity shop run these all from same store for 50p each :happy:

edit

only seen the gate and vault of horror. so no big loss if others are not very good

sjconstable 7th September 2013 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest:

BAKA 7th September 2013 12:33 PM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1abe0ceb.jpg

Kind of annoying the second Berserk movie didn't come in a Collector's Edition like the first. At least in the UK it didn't seem to. Never heard of The House Of Seven Corpses, but it looks right up my street. Been meaning to pick up The Night Of The Devils for such a long time, I always loved ‘The Wurdalak’ segment in Black Sabbath (although ‘The Telephone’ is my favourite), so I'm looking forward to it. It was nice to find it available at a UK outlet (Salvation Films) cheaper than from Raro's site, and without the potential of customs charges. Thank you to whomever it was here who recommended them! If Sion Sono's The Land Of Hope is even half as good as Himizu I'll be ecstatic. I really loved Mud, a very old school vibe. And how could I resist the Steelbook of The Fall Of The House Of Usher with that gorgeous looking artwork?

I also got the latest issue of Sight & Sound through my door this morning with a lovely looking The Wicker Man cover. Can’t wait to peruse that. The latest issue of The Dark Side Magazine is also really good, for anyone interested, there’s a great feature on the old BBC2 Horror Double Bills.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2013 12:59 PM

7 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals.

BAKA 7th September 2013 01:17 PM

I really need to pick up Night School sometime. That and Killer Party, two solid slashers from Warner's Archive Collection I keep meaning to get but haven't gotten around to yet.