Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 5th September 2013 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up in HMV at Cribbs today.

Attachment 119515

Give the disc a quick spin. Watched the first 15mins or so. Not a bad transfer and film seems better than I remember, but then it's one I've not seen in 20 years or more.

keirarts 5th September 2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 363833)
Did you see the stills i did for The Devil's Wedding Night? Its a decent transfer when you get past the green lines of hell. Count Dracula's Great Love is far worse unfortunately, still watchable though. I'll be interested to know what you think.

Not seen much on those elvira discs and wasnt expecting much either. Mainly they went doen to a couple of quid each and thought they were worth a punt. Especially as ones a paul naschy flick.

I know some dont like it but i enjoy these 'hosted' horror presentations like elvira maria oe katernia. I think they add a lot of fun to the experience of watching them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 363875)

I know some dont like it but i enjoy these 'hosted' horror presentations like elvira maria oe katernia. I think they add a lot of fun to the experience of watching them.

I never watch them as hosted films. Each time i settle down to watch one i always think nah! i'll watch it standalone this time and definitely hosted the next but never ever do. :loco:

keirarts 5th September 2013 11:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 363879)
I never watch them as hosted films. Each time i settle down to watch one i always think nah! i'll watch it standalone this time and definitely hosted the next but never ever do. :loco:

I love the whole hosted thing. I also have loads of those double bills from anchor bay/mgm/BCI ect as well.. best were the ones that loaded up the drive in trailers as well...

Attachment 119516 Attachment 119517

There a bit dear these days but they didn't just stick two films together they made the whole package one experience. It was a nice touch.

ArgentoFan1987 6th September 2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 363745)
Well, if we're talking Video Nasties Bay of Blood, is really one of the finest, and if that's doesn't count for much, I'll add it's one of the maestro's best films. For years, this one was known to me as Blood Bath, the title I first discovered it under but recently I've been referring to it as Bay of Blood... I never liked the slightly unwieldy Twitch of the Death Nerve, whatever that even means... Sean Cunningham insists that he had not seen this Bava before he filmed Friday the 13th - I'm still not sure if I believe him or not...

I've been wanting to see it ever since I watched the Video Nasties Ultimate Collection box set. Ever since I got that Blu-Ray player, I'm thinking of selling my old vids and swapping them over, unfortunately thinks like that box at will unlikely Mach the transition from DVD to Blu-Ray.

trebor8273 6th September 2013 02:25 PM

10 Attachment(s)
hanger 18 and house of seven corpses turned up today thanks to oaxaca. rest are from charity shops priced between 99p and 1.49, the blu's of the promise and poltergeist where £1 each

demonknight 6th September 2013 02:37 PM

Trick 'r Treat CD Soundtrack arrived this morning :)

Philosophy of a Knife 6th September 2013 05:13 PM

In the post today...

Young Sherlock Holmes - nostalgia! I used to love this movie as a kid and it used to terrify me! Looking forward to revisiting it.

Fade to Black - not seen this before but it sounds interesting.

Night of the Comet - another classic I've been meaning to buy forever.

Philosophy of a Knife 6th September 2013 05:15 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363976)
hanger 18 and house of seven corpses turned up today thanks to oaxaca. rest are from charity shops priced between 99p and 1.49, the blu's of the promise and poltergeist where £1 each

Great stuff! Evil Dead Trap 2 was going for big money last time I looked, great sequel!

I also snagged that LHOTL release at a charity shop, last year I think, but it was our local Oxfam which is a bit pricey compared to others. Great release though!

bdc 6th September 2013 06:39 PM

After HK Cat III,Japanese ecchi anime is the next logical step I guess... :lol:

This arrived:

Freezing - Complete Series (2011) (Manga)

http://dv1.us/p1/336/190336-d0.jpg

Already watched 2 episodes and I'm getting hooked...surprisingly gory as well. ;)