Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 29th August 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 362107)
ordered Frau im Mond looks interesting. but lots of others that interest me will make a list of them

Yep, it's really good, another gem from Fritz Lang, and fascinating too see how space travel was imagined in 1929...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 362109)
I haven't many MOC I have

Sunrise
City Girl
Metropolis
Die Libelungen
Hara Kiri
Rumble Fish

On DVD

The Holy Mountain
Faust
Vampyr
Nosferatu
Phantom / Die Finanzen Des GroBherzogs

Great selection of titles there, I have most of them myself. A friend of mine told me Hara Kiri is really good, and I am fond of this era of Japanese Cinema... Holy Mountain, fantastic feature film and the documentary on Leni Riefenstahl is superb... Is Rumble Fish, Francis Ford Coppola's last truly great film ? At any rate it's one of the finest American films of the decade...

nosferatu42 29th August 2013 08:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got these in the post today. :)

Attachment 119018 Attachment 119024

Attachment 119026 Attachment 119027

Going to watch 'We're going to eat you.' tonight.:pop2:

trebor8273 29th August 2013 08:27 PM

How are MOC with delivers from there shop?

Went and ordered those 1.49 DVDs again and thankfull no problems this time

Sweet house of horrors

The hous of lost souls
Rats
Pranks
Inseminoid
The slayer
House of witchcraft
Case of bloody iris
Popcorn
House of clocks
Ghost house
Embryo
Eaten alive
Don't look in the basement
Birds of prey
Berserker
Aleinantor
Dead next door

nosferatu42 29th August 2013 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought this today as well.:)

Attachment 119033

Always a good read,it's got a feature on the BBC 2 horror double bills i used to watch as a kid.:woot::pop2:

nosferatu42 29th August 2013 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh and i picked this up from a charity shop.:pop2:

Attachment 119037

Linbro 30th August 2013 03:13 AM

Ordered the 'Strange Days' digipack. More than I usually pay for one film, but good releases seem to be a bit thin on the ground for this film, and it's a favourite of mine.

keirarts 30th August 2013 07:04 AM

Second Fernando de lio boxset turned up yesterday.... May watch all of them starting with Caliber 9, just need a spare few days to do it!

Paul@TheOverlook 30th August 2013 07:08 AM

The best of that second set is SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER.

keirarts 30th August 2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 362233)
The best of that second set is SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER.

I really enjoyed Caliber 9 on the first set, thought it was a minor masterpiece. The only one i've seen previously on the second is Naked Violence which I thought was very good and would have bought the set for alone. Will definitely look forward to Shoot first, Die later.

Paul@TheOverlook 30th August 2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 362234)
I really enjoyed Caliber 9 on the first set, thought it was a minor masterpiece. The only one i've seen previously on the second is Naked Violence which I thought was very good and would have bought the set for alone. Will definitely look forward to Shoot first, Die later.

I'd seen the majority of Di Leo's films years ago but hadn't seen SHOOT FIRST until I bought the standalone Blu-ray a few months ago. It's not as good as CALIBRE 9 or MANHUNT but it's still top tier - I think you'll like it.

I have the first Blu-ray set but didn't bother with the second, as SHOOT FIRST aside, I had the others and wasn't too worried about the upgrade.