Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 13th September 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 365490)
I'm hoping to do the first three tonight with a bottle of red.

Very cool. I have two John Ford's penciled in for tonight as I've got the place to myself, but I'm tempted to go with a Friday or two... As much as I love The Burning, director Tony Maylam's claim that the film was written before Friday the 13th came out is frankly ludicrous...

trebor8273 13th September 2013 12:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 365466)
And a great day to buy it as well ! Is anyone planning to watch a Friday film today ?

didn't even know till you mentioned that it is Friday the 13th.

no movies today but just got these two books from charity shop for £1 each

Rik 13th September 2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 365496)
I'd like to do that but I don't own any of them, in fact is it embarrassing to admit that I've never seen a Friday the 13th film? :behindsofa: :mob: :sorry:

Can a mod please ban Ant for this :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th September 2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 365500)
Can a mod please ban Ant for this :D

Sorted.

He's gone. :cool:

fuzzymctiger 13th September 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 365496)
I'd like to do that but I don't own any of them, in fact is it embarrassing to admit that I've never seen a Friday the 13th film? :behindsofa: :mob: :sorry:

Not really, I didn't get around to them for ages.

Hated the first so much, but from then on they're solid by the numbers slashers.

Now I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen the Exorcist, though I'm really not looking to, as it will never live up to the hype I've spent my whole life hearing about it being pant shittingly terrifying, and my brother and his girlfriend attempted to watch it the other night, got about 2 thirds in before they said it was boring and stopped.

But then again, my brother despises Suspiria with a furious passion and refuses to watch any other Italian horror, and found the original Halloween and Dawn Of The Dead to be very meh in his books.

Rik 13th September 2013 12:47 PM

Dem, ban Fuzzybritchers too :D :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th September 2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 365504)
Dem, ban Fuzzybritchers too :D :lol:

I'll let Nos have the pleasure of that following those Exorcist comments. :lol:

Rik 13th September 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 365505)
I'll let Nos have the pleasure of that following those Exorcist comments. :lol:

Good point, he's probably working on his Executioners speech right now :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th September 2013 12:54 PM

At the risk of having to ban myself, I'm not a fan of the Friday franchise at all, really.

I've seen them all at least once, and that's more than enough for me! ;)

BAKA 13th September 2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 365466)
And a great day to buy it as well ! Is anyone planning to watch a Friday film today ?

I was planning to, but I think it's probably best to wait until I get them all on Blu-ray now. I may give them all a watch during October, closer to Halloween. If not, I think there's another Friday the 13th in December too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 365480)
Friday 13th looks to be a poor Cash-in. Same old R rated versions missing some of the older commentary tracks and a few recycled extras. I expect poor sales and a huge price drop later on with unsold mounds of stock.

I undoubtedly expect it to drop in price, but personally I'd kind of like it now, with the Crystal Lake Memories documentary coming out the timing feels right. I also have a feeling when the Paramount / Warner deal ends, we might not see another set for a while, after all, Paramount have been sitting on HD Masters of the rest of the films for some time and only bothered releasing the first 3. Even if they did eventually get around to releasing a set themselves, unless they work something out with Warners, the New Line titles won't be on it, and considering how Paramount have treated these films in the past, I'd be extremely surprised when they did get around to releasing a new set, that we'd get anything other than the R rated versions for the majority of the films.

It's kind of nice to have the Paramount Fridays, and the New Line entries all in one set. This is the first I've seen it done, and it'll do me until Paramount get their act together, which I'm certainly not holding my breath for.