Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 16th October 2013 10:33 PM

As i said earlier i cant believe return of the vampire is not released in the u.k.
yeah ok it doesn't tie in with the other universal draculas but hey it's a classic and i really like it, come to think of it i dont think mark of the vampire is officially released over here, what the f*ck are these people thinking?

Me, i'm having an old school halloween this year. Ordered house of frankenstein and some mummy films too, goin retro baby, yeah.
Back to the stuff that started my horror fixation.;)

nosferatu42 16th October 2013 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
went into charity shop earlier and picked these up for 1.99 each.

Attachment 122470 Attachment 122471

I know theres a much better version of eyes but hey it's not a classic and for that price i thought fair enuff. Better than my old vhs.
Also the raven is sposed to be pants but i couldn't resist checkin it out. i'm quite a fan of Poe in whatever guise.:pop2:

J Harker 16th October 2013 11:15 PM

I quite enjoyed The Raven. Not a masterpiece by any means but still entertaining and I think John Cusack is good in most films.

nosferatu42 16th October 2013 11:27 PM

yeah i quite like john cusack too, thats why i thought it was at least worth a watch. Really like him in the Grifters.

trebor8273 17th October 2013 07:37 AM

Well my steelbook of the beyond has been dispatched from zavvi as has curse of chucky from sainsburys with any luck they will turn up on Saturday.

keirarts 17th October 2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 372242)
oh well no bother, i like the film but aint seen it for years so i dont mind that much, still 3 extra films would have been nice.:(

In fairness Mr Sardonicus and Brotherhood of satan are on a cheap and cheerful and nice looking mill creek blu-ray, and i'm betting revenge of frankenstein will get a nice blu sometime in the future so at least there's that

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th October 2013 07:50 AM

Zavvi sent me dispatch e-mails for the Halloween and The Beyond steelbooks, so I'm sorted for October 31!

trebor8273 17th October 2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 372285)
Zavvi sent me dispatch e-mails for the Halloween and The Beyond steelbooks, so I'm sorted for October 31!

With any luck they will dispatch my Halloween today, mind I only placed order yesterday, already have it on order at amazon but with getting wickerman steelbook on Saturday and rarely getting stuff on release day now with amazon even though I use first class, thought I would give zavvi a chance who have gotten a lot better.

Edit

It's just been dispatched might change more of my preorders to zavvi

SCM 17th October 2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 372104)
Have you watched Frankensteins Army yet SCM?

Oh yes, I watched that on Monday night.
Also this morning House on the Edge of The Park came through

Linbro 17th October 2013 10:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
'Evil Dead' Japanese digipack