Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Mahoney32 11th September 2010 10:41 PM

Bought a copy of Q: THE WINGED SERPENT, recently. Starting to really appreciate Larry Cohen movies. Michael Moriarty is superb in Cohen's movies too, he brings a lot of credibility to these films for sure. I like the fact that he plays his roles in these movies, with a straight face, approaching the roles with full seriousness, and integrity. He's a Legend. Respect where respect is due...
Plus I love a movie that features morons getting chomped. Good stuff...
Any Larry Cohen recommendations are very welcome, will be very interested to hear about any.

mercury 12th September 2010 09:25 AM

Ordered Flavia the Heretic a few weeks ago. It seems to have got lost in the post, but Amazon told me to wait until the 16th before they can do anything about it.:(

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th September 2010 02:44 PM

:lol: I opened the door the other day to find him with 5 packets and a handful of letters. I'm sure he must be curious about what I keep getting delivered,(usually in brown packets). :pound:

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2010 03:29 PM

Picked up SCANNERS, SCANNERS 2&3 box set for £3 from Fopp today, I also got Franco's MARQUIS DE SADE'S JUSTINE for £2. And I've got HAXEN on order.

@ Mahoney32, pretty much any thing from the 70s by Cohen is worth watching with BONE and GOD TOLD ME TO coming to mind immediately. His two blaxploitation films are pretty good too, but for the life of me I can't remember the titles. I think Sam from Cult Labs is the uber Cohen fan round here, he'll know:)

Pete 12th September 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 101542)

@ Mahoney32, pretty much any thing from the 70s by Cohen is worth watching with BONE and GOD TOLD ME TO coming to mind immediately. His two blaxploitation films are pretty good too, but for the life of me I can't remember the titles. I think Sam from Cult Labs is the uber Cohen fan round here, he'll know:)

Black Caesar, Hell Up In Harlem and Original Gangstas (which was made in '96).:)

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2010 03:36 PM

Cheers Loops, I would have looked them up but got distracted looking at your tits on another thread.:tongue1:

Pete 12th September 2010 03:41 PM

:lol: There is plenty more to come:tongue1:

nekromantik 12th September 2010 04:45 PM

wish I could go on a dvd buying spree!!
ha ha

Mahoney32 12th September 2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 101542)
Picked up SCANNERS, SCANNERS 2&3 box set for £3 from Fopp today, I also got Franco's MARQUIS DE SADE'S JUSTINE for £2. And I've got HAXEN on order.

Thanks, Going to watch BONE and GOD TOLD ME TOO next I think, heard goods things about these two. I've seen B.C, The Fred Williamson film, some years back now. Have always liked those MANIAC COP films that Cohen was involved with, along side Bill Lustig of MANIAC fame. That film would work a lot better without all the scenes featuring Caroline Munro, to be honest. No offence to CM personally, I like her a lot, but those scenes don't work at all, which isn't her fault by the way...

Pete 12th September 2010 06:15 PM

Black Caesar and God Told Me To are Cohen's best films IMO.