Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Mahoney32 9th September 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 101034)
Picked up the BCI SE of Don't Answer the Phone recently. Been a while since I last saw it.

I think I've seen this? Sounds familiar. Can you me a little about this film?

Mahoney32 9th September 2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahoney32 (Post 101041)
I think I've seen this? Sounds familiar. Can you me a little about this film?

Will correct that: Can you tell me a little about this movie? Sounds like a good one.

Mojo 9th September 2010 05:29 PM

After Life

Something a bit different from the usual Saw 26 or whatever.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it. Stunning pq too.

Pete 9th September 2010 05:30 PM

It's basically about a guy going around LA murdering various women and who also likes to call up the local radio station to taunt the psychologist (I think that's what she is..like I said it's been a while). It's incredibly sleazy. One of the better 'slashers' IMO.

Trailer:
YouTube - Don't Answer The Phone 1980

Mahoney32 9th September 2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 101047)
It's basically about a guy going around LA murdering various women and who also likes to call up the local radio station to taunt the psychologist (I think that's what she is..like I said it's been a while). It's incredibly sleazy. One of the better 'slashers' IMO.

Trailer:
YouTube - Don't Answer The Phone 1980

Thanks, just watched the trailer. Hope the quality of the DVD is better than the quality of that trailer for you. Gritty, sleazy, dirty vibe about it for sure.
will remember to look this up in the future, on Amazon, etc. Cheers

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2010 10:35 PM

Makes a difference uncut Loops.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th September 2010 09:38 AM

My postman, nice guy that he is, decided to surprise me this morning by delivering The Evil Dead, Star Crash and Under Siege 1+2. :woot:

antmumford 10th September 2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 101131)
My postman, nice guy that he is, decided to surprise me this morning by delivering The Evil Dead, Star Crash and Under Siege 1+2. :woot:

What a nice postman, I'm a bit worried how the postman knows you well enough to know what DVDs/Blu-rays you like though. Each to their own I guess ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th September 2010 11:38 AM

I'm sure he actually hates me because of the amount of packages he has to regularly deliver. :lol:

Sam 10th September 2010 01:45 PM

Just picked up an Italian post-apocalyptic film called The Final Executioner with Woody Strode (on the 23rd Century label). Never seen or heard of it before, anyone know if it's any good?