Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th December 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 384830)
Yep. It's in the proper aspect ratio, so that makes it instantly superior to the Arrow disc.

Night and day.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th December 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 384825)
The Whip and the Body is a fine piece of Bava Gothic. Rather underrated as it doesn't have the fame of some of his other works.

If you've never seen it then i'd say take a punt Trebor. If you have seen it then why not.... you buy everything else. :D

Hopefully mine will arrive this week.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th December 2013 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought this rather nice Chuck box from Amazon France.
Came in bits and bashed to hell.
It was despatched from France in one of those standard Amazon cardboard envelopes.:crazy:

Thankfully DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES steelbook arrived better packaged and in one piece.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th December 2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 384886)
I like The Devil Inside, don't really understand why it's so derided :confused:

I hated it because it's so derivative, predictable and dull. Yet another reason why found footage films have a hit/miss record but it's weighed heavily in favour of the 'miss' side.

Here's what Mark Kermode had to say about it:

Mark Kermode The Devil Inside - YouTube

JoshuaKaitlyn 30th December 2013 09:16 AM

The Bastard & The Rebels - A couple of old mini-series from the seventies simply because I've read the John Jakes novels and quite liked them.
Walkabout
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Stanley Kubrick boxset
Knowing

Kindred Fan 30th December 2013 11:06 AM

Just bought Curse of Chucky. :pray:

demonknight 30th December 2013 11:22 AM

Skinny Puppy best of CD Collection and Absentia DVD from Second Sight arrived today :)

Sam 30th December 2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 384965)
I hated it because it's so derivative, predictable and dull. Yet another reason why found footage films have a hit/miss record but it's weighed heavily in favour of the 'miss' side.

Here's what Mark Kermode had to say about it:

Mark Kermode The Devil Inside - YouTube

Can't really argue with the fact that this it's somewhat derivative and predictable but I still have a high tolerance for the found footage genre and I found this to be fairly creepy, even unsettling, in parts. There are some questionable performances but also some very good ones, such as the possessed mother. I know I'm in the minority here but each to their own I guess!

trebor8273 30th December 2013 12:20 PM

7 Attachment(s)
today's deliveries. still waiting on the night of the devils which has been in customs since just before Christmas!

why the hell are my pictures upside down sometimes. not upside down when i load them, but if i upload them upside-down its still the same.

J Harker 30th December 2013 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered this from Zavvi.

Attachment 127201