Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Dave Boy 5th May 2014 04:42 PM

On it's way to me......

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/e...b496848d9f.jpg

trebor8273 5th May 2014 05:02 PM

8 Attachment(s)
a excellent day at the outdoor market. not seen any help would be welcome.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th May 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 402460)

Outdoor markets near me sell badly worn copies of Meet the Fockers and Bridget Jones Diary.

You seem to be able to take your pick from the BFI, Synapse, Criterion, Shout Factory and Raro.

What the **** is going on around here?

trebor8273 5th May 2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 402463)
Outdoor markets near me sell badly worn copies of Meet the Fockers and Bridget Jones Diary.

You seem to be able to take your pick from the BFI, Synapse, Criterion, Shout Factory and Raro.

What the **** is going on around here?

It's a big organised car boot sale I went to must of been hundred stalls. Most I've been too locally don't have much to offer same old tat(mind I would say over 50% of stalls here were tat as well). That no one wants or you can pick up in pound land . Every so often I too get the odd bargaining. But this place was fantastic. Not just movies, it had food, games books, furniture, plants, electrical items. Could of spent a lot of money if I had it. But got these for £5 each which I think is a bargain, really don't think who I bought them off had any clue about them and half suspect they might of been stolen.

On the downside I don't know when I will get time to watch them. Can't stop watching one piece it's is like crack it's so additive .

Bringer Of Funerals 5th May 2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 401798)
Attachment 134761 Attachment 134762

These two bad boys are on marketplace for about £7.94 each.

Are they region free??

Argentofan 5th May 2014 05:59 PM

Wake in Fright is the only one I've seen out of those trebor (I do have white dog but havent watched it yet). But Wake in Fright is a fantastic film, bargin at a fiver!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th May 2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 402460)

Great score!

Lifeboat, Onibaba, Touch of Evil, Wake in Fright and White Dog are all tremendous films. Lifeboat and Onibaba rank as two of my all time favorites and Touch of Evil one of my favourite Noir films. People will no doubt scream heresy, but I'm not a huge fan of Harakiri. I can agree that it a technically accomplished piece of work and well worth watching for that alone (combined with it's acclaimed 'classic' status) but Japanese samurai/melodrama rarely 'do it' for me. I've never seen Burmese Harp or Gate of Hell (for the same reasons probably...).

You can't really go wrong with a Masters of Cinema release though.

Hawkmonger 5th May 2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 402457)

I can't find this anywhere! I had no idea Mothra was released in the UK!

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th May 2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 402470)
I can't find this anywhere! I had no idea Mothra was released in the UK!

It's a Moviemail exclusive.

Mothra DVD | World Cinema | Films by Movie Mail UK

Hawkmonger 5th May 2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 402471)

Yoinks! Well guess what I just bought! :happy: