Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403945)
I reckon if you didn't buy a single DVD or BD for an entire month, you'd probably be able to buy yourself a top of the range home

Slight adjustment to Nosferatu's post. :lol:

trebor8273 18th May 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403948)

I will end up need someplace that big just to store my DVD/blu ray collection !!

Rondadoronron 18th May 2014 06:03 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

5 Attachment(s)
Look at the size of Ironmasters chopper,and its drippin. To quote peep show
Quote:

Jesus. That's what a man should look like. Those arms. They're amazing. Like boughs of sturdy English oak. My God, if you had them wrapped round you, you'd just feel so safe.

trebor8273 18th May 2014 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even though I've just bought it on DVD just ordered this. For 4.99 it would be rude not too.

Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space - Special Edition Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Edit

Just preordered this. I can't wait for this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-E...rds=twin+peaks

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403948)

I thought of putting the house in my original post, but didn't think my maths were correct!

applecore 19th May 2014 05:09 AM

Godzilla: Showa Classics Volume 1 arrived today! Didn't realise until putting the first disc in my laptop that the Godzilla disc includes both the original Japanese film and the 1956 American re-cut "Godzilla: King of the Monsters!". A pleasant surprise.
What's not a pleasant surprise, however, is that 3 of the discs came loose in transit and one of the plastic bits holding the Godzilla disc in place has broken off. If it were a normal, or a slim case I wouldn't be fussed, but this is a case that holds 6 discs, and is the width of 2 dvd cases. I've not come across one of these before (aside from Showa Classics Volume 2) so I can't exactly just replace it.
Ahh well, I suppose I can always put the Godzilla disc in a plastic wallet inside so it doesn't get scratched.

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 403984)
Godzilla: Showa Classics Volume 1 arrived today! Didn't realise until putting the first disc in my laptop that the Godzilla disc includes both the original Japanese film and the 1956 American re-cut "Godzilla: King of the Monsters!". A pleasant surprise.
What's not a pleasant surprise, however, is that 3 of the discs came loose in transit and one of the plastic bits holding the Godzilla disc in place has broken off. If it were a normal, or a slim case I wouldn't be fussed, but this is a case that holds 6 discs, and is the width of 2 dvd cases. I've not come across one of these before (aside from Showa Classics Volume 2) so I can't exactly just replace it.
Ahh well, I suppose I can always put the Godzilla disc in a plastic wallet inside so it doesn't get scratched.

The case you're looking for is called a Fatpack. That's what the Madman Boxsets releases call those cases.

applecore 19th May 2014 08:23 AM

That's the one! Was released by Madman, too, under their Eastern Eye branch.
Any idea if they're available to buy blank?

EDIT: Or I could stop being lazy and look myself :P
Hmm. Can only find multipacks of them holding 8+. I'll stick to a plastic wallet for now, then if it happens again (looking to get the Heisei and Millennium series next) I'll replace. Cheers for the info!

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 403990)
That's the one! Was released by Madman, too, under their Eastern Eye branch.
Any idea if they're available to buy blank?

EDIT: Or I could stop being lazy and look myself :P
Hmm. Can only find multipacks of them holding 8+. I'll stick to a plastic wallet for now, then if it happens again (looking to get the Heisei and Millennium series next) I'll replace. Cheers for the info!

DVD Case Super Clear FAT Pack Holds 7 Discs 6PACK | eBay

These are the smallest ones I could find, that appear to be fat packs

But if they are similar to the ones I have, then you should be able to remove or swap the disc trays inside

Nordicdusk 19th May 2014 09:35 AM

What's female prisoner scorpion trilogy like. Hope I said that right :lol: