Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

DaveH 14th October 2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 421290)
Gave in and bought TT's The Blob because it's not sold out yet and I wanted it.

Received confirmation that TT/Screen Ent have shipped my copy of the Blob remake

Vipp 14th October 2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 421263)
You wouldn't shave a cat would you?.. Back to nature that's what i say.:blush:

:pound: :pound:

shel 14th October 2014 10:17 AM

Well it turns out I really liked Shameless' Torso the other week so have went a bit mad and bought a shed load of their yellow cased discs, will be sure to post a pic once all deliveries have arrived.

Quick question: does anyone know outright which Shameless releases have met the mercy of the BBFC? I've been doing BBFC searches on a title before I hit buy on anything and think that NY Ripper, Venus in Furs, House of the edge of the Park & Cannibal Holocaust are no goes? Anything else I missed?

trebor8273 14th October 2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 421283)
It was the second one you listed, I think. The double-feature one, coupled with Death Wish.

Whoops I've ordered the second as it was 9.99 on play com

Bringer Of Funerals 14th October 2014 10:32 AM

Just received a Darkthrone album but inside it was a Frank Sinatra cd. So im sending it back

PaulD 14th October 2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 421306)
Quick question: does anyone know outright which Shameless releases have met the mercy of the BBFC? I've been doing BBFC searches on a title before I hit buy on anything and think that NY Ripper, Venus in Furs, House of the edge of the Park & Cannibal Holocaust are no goes? Anything else I missed?

I believe that's all the ones that have been trimmed by the BBFC.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th October 2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 421311)
I believe that's all the ones that have been trimmed by the BBFC.

Correct. :nod:

Although technically The Beast in Space is also cut for hardcore scenes, with it being a trimmed version of XXX version - itself comprising of the softcore version with added hardcore inserts which were filmed post-production; as was the case in a lot of these Euro-sleaze fests of the period. Shameless would have had to slap an R18 on it in its full XXX version and sell it via licensed sex shops.

It's also worth noting that the newer 'Fan Edition' release of NYR is less cut than its predecessor as Shameless resubmitted it to the BBFC. It also contains additional footage not present in the US release.

shel 14th October 2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 421313)
Correct. :nod:

Although technically The Beast in Space is also cut for hardcore scenes, with it being a trimmed version of XXX version - itself comprising of the softcore version with added hardcore inserts which were filmed post-production; as was the case in a lot of these Euro-sleaze fests of the period. Shameless would have had to slap an R18 on it in its full XXX version and sell it via licensed sex shops.

It's also worth noting that the newer 'Fan Edition' release of NYR is less cut than its predecessor as Shameless resubmitted it to the BBFC. It also contains additional footage not present in the US release.

Muchos thanks!

trebor8273 14th October 2014 12:48 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

9 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveries blu Rays from Amazon found the Seinfeld sets in a charity shop

Attachment 146700

Attachment 146708

Attachment 146710

Attachment 146703
Attachment 146704
Attachment 146705
Attachment 146706
Attachment 146707

VeZius 14th October 2014 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All this was in my mailbox today. Really looking forward to the Alien game.