Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 12th November 2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 425064)
Holy F*** :D That's an awesome find! I guess it's sold out already, cos I couldn't find it.

Just hoping they ship it!

Z is basically music magpie which means some poor sap somewhere along the line sold it to them for pennies. Usually the stuff they list is one off's (unless they have multiple copies). Best bet is to make a wish list of titles like this and scan regularly. Someone I know bought a bunch of no shame discs at £7,99 a pop of them the same way.

trebor8273 12th November 2014 07:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some charity shop finds. How's dead snow never seen it before head mixed things about it

Attachment 149295

Attachment 149296

Attachment 149298

Attachment 149299

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 425111)
Some charity shop finds. How's dead snow never seen it before head mixed things about it

Probably the best zombie film since Day of the Dead.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425115)
Probably the best zombie film since Day of the Dead.

:shocked:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425119)
:shocked:

What's better?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425121)
What's better?

A lot (probably) - I haven't seen them all, however Dellamorte Dellamore and Peter Jackson's Braindead immediately spring to mind, as well as The Dead (2010) which is a really good modern zombie offering.

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't take to Dead Snow at all; the humour just didn't do it for me. Ditto the fake looking CGI blood.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425126)
A lot (probably) - I haven't seen them all, however Dellamorte Dellamore and Peter Jackson's Braindead immediately spring to mind, as well as The Dead (2010) which is a really good modern zombie offering.

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't take to Dead Snow at all; the humour just didn't do it for me. Ditto the fake looking CGI blood.

Being pedantic The Dead came after Dead Snow so it doesn't count. ;) I don't really include the other two as normal zombie films.

But yes they are better.

Make Them Die Slowly 12th November 2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425126)

I'm with you B_E, Dead Snow should be called Yellow Snow, piss poor film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th November 2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 425131)
I'm with you B_E, Dead Snow should be called Yellow Snow, piss poor film.

I stand corrected.

Trebor you've wasted your money.

The masses have spoken. :pop2:

Make Them Die Slowly 12th November 2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425133)
I stand corrected.

Trebor you've wasted your money.

The masses have spoken. :pop2:

Trebor ain't got nothing but money to waste, the amount of stuff he buys I imagine he is single handedly keeping the Post Office from bankruptcy.