Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 432124)
Ordered a couple of severin DVDs missing from my collection. ozploitation trailer explosion and Last House on the beach.Looking foward to viewing both immensely.

Last House on the Beach is excellent Gold.

Along the lines of House on the Edge of the Park but well before and better in my opinion. Plus you've got Ray Lovelock and Florinda Bolkan.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th January 2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 432124)
Ordered a couple of severin DVDs missing from my collection. ozploitation trailer explosion and Last House on the beach.Looking foward to viewing both immensely.

Last House on the Beach is another one of those films cashing in on Last House on the Left's infamy, but is a film (like Night Train Murders) which tops it in my opinion - a superb little film. :nod:

Jani 19th January 2015 07:30 PM

I've been eyeballing that awesome German The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Limited Edition Box Set w/ metalpak BD, Leatherface figure, t-shirt, poster, lobby cards, stickers...My wallet is gonna die screaming, but I'll be in misery without it.Hard choices...if the transfer is done by Turbine, then it's probably the best there is.
By the way, read some news from Blue Underground: Fight for Your Life Blu-ray ain't gonna happen, ever.Negative was destroyed by hurricane Sandy.So stick with your DVD's.There also won't be any Blind Dead Blu's happening in the near future, which is kind of surprising.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th January 2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 432153)
I've been eyeballing that awesome German The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Limited Edition Box Set w/ metalpak BD, Leatherface figure, t-shirt, poster, lobby cards, stickers...My wallet is gonna die screaming, but I'll be in misery without it.Hard choices...if the transfer is done by Turbine, then it's probably the best there is.

Where can one purchase this limited edition set?

Nordicdusk 19th January 2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 432157)

Sadly i missed out on the set but im more than happy with the steelbook.

Rik 19th January 2015 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got home from a productive evening in the studio to find this waiting for me.
Don't need 3 copies of Re-animator on BD, but this one comes with the soundtrack CD :)

Attachment 154502

Jani 20th January 2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 432157)

Head over to dtm.at shop and write turbine on the search box.

keirarts 20th January 2015 06:09 AM

Thought all the releases of Texas Chainsaw came from the new 4k master?

Jani 20th January 2015 06:22 AM

They do, but there are always differences in the transfers.Some has artefacts, dnr, etc., some not.And the bitrates differ.They're probably all pretty good.

keirarts 20th January 2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 432262)
They do, but there are always differences in the transfers.Some has artefacts, dnr, etc., some not.And the bitrates differ.They're probably all pretty good.

Cool. I'll stick with my second sight release then