Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 437141)
Have you seen Mud before? My girlfriend bought it from Amazon, because she thought it looked good, I'd never heard of it

I've seen a couple of times as I was sent the DVD to review and didn't have time (it's still something I mean to take screenshots and upload), but thought it was an engrossing film and part of Matthew McConaughey's reinvention project as a serious actor. My review is written, and concludes:

"Mud is an extremely good film which continues the rich tradition of fine coming-of-age dramas such as Stand by Me, Kes and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. It is a compelling drama, very well written and directed and boasting great performances by the entire cast."

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th February 2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 437100)
Charity shop buys:

Have you seen K-Pax before JK?

I really like it. It made my top 100 in the sci-fi poll.

Rik 25th February 2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 437155)
I've seen a couple of times as I was sent the DVD to review and didn't have time (it's still something I mean to take screenshots and upload), but thought it was an engrossing film and part of Matthew McConaughey's reinvention project as a serious actor. My review is written, and concludes:

"Mud is an extremely good film which continues the rich tradition of fine coming-of-age dramas such as Stand by Me, Kes and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. It is a compelling drama, very well written and directed and boasting great performances by the entire cast."

I'll see if she fancies watching it this weekend and post my thoughts :nod:

Gold6082 26th February 2015 11:19 AM

zavvi have shipped my blu of clown. I have been looking forward to this film for ages as I said in the official "CLOWN" thread 2 days ago. I am glad zavvi have shipped days early on this title that is a rarity for them.

Make Them Die Slowly 26th February 2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 437155)

Cool, been meaning to watch it myself for ages, will now do sooner than later.

keirarts 26th February 2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 437335)
zavvi have shipped my blu of clown. I have been looking forward to this film for ages as I said in the official "CLOWN" thread 2 days ago. I am glad zavvi have shipped days early on this title that is a rarity for them.

Buggers tried to ship mine but I dont get paid until tomorrow! For the first time in f***** ages Zaavi ship something early/on-time and it's now!! :mmph:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th February 2015 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Three more from Network's sale.

Gold6082 26th February 2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 437350)
Buggers tried to ship mine but I dont get paid until tomorrow! For the first time in f***** ages Zaavi ship something early/on-time and it's now!! :mmph:

mine goes through PayPal default of credit card failing PayPal funds so I'm safe. They will hold it and attempt again to take payment and resend it won't they?

JoshuaKaitlyn 26th February 2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 437164)
Have you seen K-Pax before JK?

I really like it. It made my top 100 in the sci-fi poll.

No! I wasn't aware that it was sci-fi, I know a little about it but it was a complete blind buy really.

Hawkmonger 26th February 2015 08:58 PM

A few pre-orders aside i've been tight on my buying recently. But I want to get that Tenebre Steely at last, does anyone know if Zavvi allow the student discount NUS thingy?

Edit: Aaand I just noticed Zavvi have sold out.
Ah well, I would have prefered the amaray anyway and it looks like it has the same extras...