Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th December 2014 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2014 10:32 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

2 Attachment(s)
Finally arrived, 8 days after Arrow sent it!

Attachment 151533

Plus the the amazing Avenging Force (aka Invasion USA 2) was also delivered.

Attachment 151534

Buboven 10th December 2014 11:55 PM

Your selection has been recorded and will be added to your order shortly. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen

If you experience any problems relating to this redemption route please email arrow@order-support.co.uk quoting your account email address and the orderid you are trying to redeem.

I don't have to do anything after I get this message do I.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th December 2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 428259)
Your selection has been recorded and will be added to your order shortly. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen

If you experience any problems relating to this redemption route please email arrow@order-support.co.uk quoting your account email address and the orderid you are trying to redeem.

I don't have to do anything after I get this message do I.

I imagine they will be in touch explaining what to do.

Susan Foreman 11th December 2014 08:52 AM

Noo fings

Poundland:
The Karate Kid - Duel DVD & Blu-Ray - Jackie Chan version - New and in it's shrink wrap - 'If it seems too good to be true, it probably is' - Neither disc works in my machine!

HMV:
The Toxic Avenger - Blu-Ray - £7:99
The Toxic Avenger Part 2 - Blu-Ray - £7:99
You're Next - Gets a very mixed reception on the forum, so I thought I would see for myself - £2:99
Alice Cooper Live At Wacken - 2xCD and 1 DVD - £16:99

CEX:
The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto - £1:50
Fawlty Towers: The Complete Collection Remastered - 3 disc - £5:00
The Rolling Stones: 4 Flicks - 4 discs - Hope the concerts are better than the one on the 'Bridges To Babylon' DVD - £8:00

Amazon:
BFI Ghost Stories For Christmas - 6 disc - Technically I got this for Chloe for her birthday, but she doesn't seem interested, so I have pinched it!

Rik 11th December 2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 428272)
Hope the concerts are better than the one on the 'Bridges To Babylon' DVD - £8:00

I have that DVD and I can honestly say it is the worst music DVD in my collection, which is a pretty damning statement for the Stones as I own a Coldplay Live DVD! :eek:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th December 2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 428274)
I have that DVD and I can honestly say it is the worst music DVD in my collection, which is a pretty damning statement for the Stones as I own a Coldplay Live DVD! :eek:

Is it the Coldplay Live with the white cover art?

I don't mind Coldplay occasionally and thought it would be a good show.

If it is i have just seen that and it truly is poor. The camera just focuses on Chris Martin's head and hands as he plays the piano. There's no scale to the event. It's difficult to tell how big the stage is and barring a few bright lights there's no show at all.

Musically it's terrific though, but it's a case of may as well just play the cd's.

Rik 11th December 2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428275)
Is it the Coldplay Live with the white cover art?

I don't mind Coldplay occasionally and thought it would be a good show.

If it is i have just seen that and it truly is poor. The camera just focuses on Chris Martin's head and hands as he plays the piano. There's no scale to the event. It's difficult to tell how big the stage is and barring a few bright lights there's no show at all.

Musically it's terrific though, but it's a case of may as well just play the cd's.

Yeah, it's this one that comes with the CD too.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4133G83XRYL.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th December 2014 09:32 AM

That's the one. :nod:

What did you think of it?

Rik 11th December 2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 428281)
That's the one. :nod:

What did you think of it?

When I got it (Christmas 2003), I used to watch it quite a lot and listen to the CD, but I bet it's not been played in over 7 years!
I did quite like it, being a fan of the band at the time, and my personal favourite was God Put a Smile on your Face, nowadays I've gone off them and haven't bought anything by them in years. (First 3 albums are great though)