Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 443388)
My stuff hasn't even shipped yet! I ordered on the 29th. Should I send an email?

Check whether the stuff you ordered has 'stock on order' on the item description page or not, as that will mean that they are awaiting stock to come in to fulfil your order.

I placed two orders, one which shipped and that I received yesterday and another that is still pending due to both items being on order.

Vipp 8th April 2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 443403)
Check whether the stuff you ordered has 'stock on order' on the item description page or not, as that will mean that they are awaiting stock to come in to fulfil your order.

I placed two orders, one which shipped and that I received yesterday and another that is still pending due to both items being on order.

I will say that i say the Arrow sale on twitter as it went live and got my order in about 20 mins after the sale went live, i imagine that's why i got my order when i did. the first sale i took part in took my order weeks to be in stock and get to me, but they did send it in parts which helped. :)

I plan to watch night of the hunter at the weekend with the other half, i noticed he has love hate on his knuckles which makes me wonder if this film inspired 'Bernice' the priest in the League of Gentlemen? I can;t wait to watch the film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

My stuff hasn't even shipped yet! I ordered on the 29th. Should I send an email?

It wouldn't hurt.

I received The Incredible Melting Man and The Visitor today, which I bought in the sale.

Susan Foreman 8th April 2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 443405)
I plan to watch night of the hunter at the weekend with the other half, i noticed he has love hate on his knuckles which makes me wonder if this film inspired 'Bernice' the priest in the League of Gentlemen? I can;t wait to watch the film.

Very likely

There are a lot of gothic horror film references in 'The League Of Gentlemen' television show

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 160708

Finally arrived :woot:

Nordicdusk 8th April 2015 03:40 PM

As this is my first Criterion I was interested to see what special features were like. Just scanning over the back of the box pretty excited. Round table discussion with Cronenberg Carpenter and Landis and the commentary with Debbie Harry and James Woods will be the first inline. The booklet is also awesome full of great pictures. Hopes are high for when my Scanners Criterion arrives now .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 443452)
Very likely

There are a lot of gothic horror film references in 'The League Of Gentlemen' television show

They are massive horror fans, just look at Mark Gatiss and his TV shows, and the commentaries they have done for films including Theatre of Blood and Blood on Satan's Claw. I'm pretty sure each member of the 'League' is highly knowledgeable and passionate about horror, and has been for many years.

Crimson Blade 8th April 2015 05:10 PM

Latest purchase..

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/resized/b028f82f9e9a.jpg

Vipp 8th April 2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 443457)
They are massive horror fans, just look at Mark Gatiss and his TV shows, and the commentaries they have done for films including Theatre of Blood and Blood on Satan's Claw. I'm pretty sure each member of the 'League' is highly knowledgeable and passionate about horror, and has been for many years.

I think that's why i have been a fan of thiers for so many years, I often find they do some fantastic horror related work alongside thier usual stuff. i even listen to Mark Gatiss the man in black horror audio stories at night before bed, he only introduces the stories but it's great.

SharonLynette 8th April 2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 443402)
What are you waiting on Fuzz? I ordered Rabid Dogs and The Girl Who Knew Too Much which haven't shipped yet because there not in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 443403)

Strangely The Girl Who Knew Too Much is showing as being in stock but I'm still waiting for an order that also contains this title so I'm wondering if the issue lies there or if this is pure coincidence?! All my items are showing as being in stock though...