Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 469961)
New things since August...but it'll be well into 2016 before I get to see them!

Some Guy Who Kills People

Thought this was really good Susan.

Hope you enjoy it as of when.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 469956)

Catacombs is a fairly decent little mystery chiller. It plays out a lot like a re-imagining of the phenomenal Les Diaboliques, so if you've seen and enjoyed that then you may like and find some familiarity within Catacombs too.

As for The Nightcomers, I may be in the minority (with Dem), but I liked it. A lot of its detractors generally compare it to the phenomenal The Innocents, The Nightcomers being an interpretation of the events leading up to the 1960 film and a different take on Henry James' The Turn of the Screw source material... and I think that is the key to enjoying it. If you consider it a different interpretation and view it on its own merits there is a lot of fun to be had. Both Beacham and Brando are excellent, as are the two child actors playing Flora and Miles. Winner ups the psycho-sexual tension throwing in dollops of BDSM and incest which many fans of the Clayton film may find hard to stomach. There is also the strong argument that the film removes some of the mystery from the proceedings. However, all that said and whilst not in the same league as the 1960 film (and therefore comparisons are a little moot albeit 'necessary' I suppose) I enjoyed the ride and would definitely recommend - even if like me you do highly rate The Innocents - as long as you are inclined to keep an open mind and view it as a parallel independent tale rather than a direct precursor. I would suggest checking out The Innocents (if you haven't already done so) before The Nightcomers though... even though both films are very different in tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469960)
I have Catacombs but not watched it yet.

:poke:

;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469967)

:poke:

;)

It will be watched this month. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469969)

Good man! ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469970)
Good man! ;)

Along with Baby Love and the two which arrived today. :woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469973)
Along with Baby Love and the two which arrived today. :woot:

You're in for a real treat with Baby Love - one of my favourite 'virgin viewings' of the year so far. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th December 2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469975)
You're in for a real treat with Baby Love - one of my favourite 'virgin viewings' of the year so far. :nod:

Interesting choice of wording. :lol:

Now you've said that do i just watch it on a random evening?

I was thinking maybe Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Christmas Eve is sorted - Messiah of Evil. :happy:

Gold6082 5th December 2015 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 469804)
What's the pq like on MURDER CLINIC?

I haven't actually got round to watching it yet Mojo,but will let you know asap!

Andra Jai 5th December 2015 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After about a year of searching my 1/6th scale Sideshow Jabba display in complete. It took most of this time to find the palace archway which is limited to 750 pieces. Anyway the search was worthwhile as it makes a nice display piece for Jabba enthusiasts.

Gold6082 5th December 2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469969)

I have catacombs still to watch myself. I might fit it in this coming week it certainly looks and sounds good.