Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 02:53 PM

Haha! Nice one!

I have just checked the Prism release of Deathsport - PQ is OK, not bad at all really, but the audio is a little distorted, however, to my considerable pleasure it turns out that the 4:3 transfer is unmatted, not cropped! :cool: Excellent! This means I can zoom it up to 16:9 for widesreen Claudia Jennings!!!

I am soon going to have to build a separate shelf for all my Corman films! :lol:

gag 8th April 2010 02:59 PM

I not bought much for ages just odd owt r nowt here and there...
My missses has had a quite word in my ear other night to remind me that since i dont have a proper job and my sort of job is a if and when required, (so means i dont earn much), That we have a wedding to pay for in september so im going have to cut back on my already cut back almost none existence spending.....mmmmmmmmm

Phats 8th April 2010 04:13 PM

I bought Palindromes on DVD the other day and have ordered Batman: The Movie - the '60s movie, just to complete my Batman bluray collection - and Tyson on bluray. They should both arrive tomorrow, hopefully.

DeadandWalkingDotCom 8th April 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 72549)
Surely one of the most entertaining Jason installments!! Only He could punch someones head clean off whilst on top of a manhattan building and have it land neatly in a dumpster! lol.

My fave shall always be no. 6 though.

Oh and I've just purchased a Tartan Japan DVD called The Hidden Blade (by way of kind favour from Ken). :D

lol! I get mixed up between the death scenes and film, but I love the Sleeping Bag death. Part 4 has to be my fav one.

I've been collecting the Tartan Asia movies for a while now but i've never come across that film. I'm guessing it's not a horror though?

oaxaca 8th April 2010 04:23 PM

Ooo and the spear straight through the two people doing it on the bed was a good death scene, I think in Friday 13th 2 (blatant rip off of Bay Of Blood though :p)

Hidden Blade isn't a horror, nah. Its a samurai drama. Here's the pic:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 05:15 PM

Just ordered a whole bunch of odd/horror musicals for uni.

-Sweeney Todd (The Burton film)
- Phantom Of The Paradise
- Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead
-The Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Rock 'N' Roll Musical
- Gory Gory Hallelujah

Along with Forbidden Zone, Meet The Feebles and Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes and the stage musicals of Evil Dead, The Toxic Avenger, The Fly and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre I'm hoping to do something different to other musical essays! :pound: No Sound Of Music here! :laugh:

Philleh 8th April 2010 06:41 PM

Just picked up Universal Soldier: Regenerated from ASDA. :peace:

Daemonia 9th April 2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 72461)
:thumb:

FINAL DESTINATION-Can't remember much difference from the dvd.....:(

I compared the Blu-ray with the DVD and the BD wins hands down. Sharper image, more detailed and generally looks brighter and cleaner.

oaxaca 9th April 2010 10:01 AM

just bought Pet Sem 1 & 2. Couldn't resist for £3 :p

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 72650)
Just picked up Universal Soldier: Regenerated from ASDA. :peace:

I was going to get this and even though I've heard good things about it,I'm disappointed that Van Damme and Lundgren don't have the majority of the screen time.But the again,I still bought the Steven Seagal film Against The Dark which probably had as much Seagal as this has Van Damme!

Philleh 9th April 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 72823)
I was going to get this and even though I've heard good things about it,I'm disappointed that Van Damme and Lundgren don't have the majority of the screen time.But the again,I still bought the Steven Seagal film Against The Dark which probably had as much Seagal as this has Van Damme!

It works for this film, they focus on story over star time. It's a very well made film actually; as a sequel to a movie nearly 20 years old too - it's a god damn good one! :)

Plus Andrei's an animal and always entertaining to watch.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 10:20 AM

I'd rather have the two tv movies than any of the sequels.I'm joking of course! :jest:

Gojirosan 9th April 2010 11:03 AM

Is there no end to DVDs turning up at mine? :lol:

Deathwatch
Survival Of The Dead
The Host
The Vampire Lovers/Lust For A Vampire

OK, mostly replacements for VHS/DVD-Rs but hey! Long may the deluge continue! :happy:

Philleh 9th April 2010 11:08 AM

There were TV movies too?!? :D

Just picked up Funny People on Blu. :thumb:

oaxaca 9th April 2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 72843)
Is there no end to DVDs turning up at mine? :lol:

Deathwatch
Survival Of The Dead
The Host
The Vampire Lovers/Lust For A Vampire

OK, mostly replacements for VHS/DVD-Rs but hey! Long may the deluge continue! :happy:

Damn you should of got the Host off me, I want to get rid of it :p

Vampire Lovers/Lust are classics. Make sure you get Twins of Evil if you haven't already, to complete Hammer's Sheriden Le Fanu trilogy:thumb:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 11:53 AM

Just ordered Stunt Rock from Amazon. Looks incredible and would help out A LOT for uni. Mind you I haven't spent that much on a DVD in AGGGES - over £13! I just hope it gets here in time. :doh:

Then again hard rock and exploding cars (two of my fav things!), whats not to luv?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 12:19 PM

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack on Spotify and HOLY MOLY I LUV THIS FILM ALREADY - and I haven't even seen it yet!!!!!

Gojirosan 9th April 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 72852)
Damn you should of got the Host off me, I want to get rid of it :p

Ah soz! To be honest, I don't really remember ordering it! Looks like I only paid pennies though, thankfully! It'll be good to see it again, it's a good laugh.

gag 9th April 2010 12:26 PM

Just purchased of dvdtrash
untold story reg 3 jap cover with cat 3 on the front
800 bullets not seen any of these b4 so know what my viewing for today be

Well tell a slight lie i seen bits of untold story :lol:

BioZombie 9th April 2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 72872)
Just ordered Stunt Rock from Amazon. Looks incredible and would help out A LOT for uni. Mind you I haven't spent that much on a DVD in AGGGES - over £13! I just hope it gets here in time. :doh:

Then again hard rock and exploding cars (two of my fav things!), whats not to luv?

I've wanted to see this since I saw Not Quite Hollywood (the ace doc about Oz exploitation films), problem is that there are too many other things I want and not enough cash in my bank. :(

pedromonkey 9th April 2010 03:05 PM

bargain of the day for me....Feast 1-3 optimum set...£6.50 brand spanking new.
A customer wanted to trade it in but we didn't have a buy back price, so he said he would sell it to me for 6.50 as he paid 12.99 in asda for it, he didn't even watch it.....so if anyone's interested my R1 copy of Feast 1 is available if anyone wants it.....

antmumford 9th April 2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 72894)
I've wanted to see this since I saw Not Quite Hollywood (the ace doc about Oz exploitation films), problem is that there are too many other things I want and not enough cash in my bank. :(

Not Quite Hollywood is on tomorrow night on Film4. Can't wait to see it

pedromonkey 9th April 2010 04:39 PM

just ordered from amazon....

Black Water (gojirasan's recomedation)
The Signal (need this for ages)
The Changeling (George C Scott)
The Dead Outside (scottish Zombie flick)
Forbidden World (in2film corman)
The Unborn (in2film corman)

EDIT: just picked up Midnight Meat Train in blockebuster for 2.39, ex rental....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 72786)
I compared the Blu-ray with the DVD and the BD wins hands down. Sharper image, more detailed and generally looks brighter and cleaner.

That's good to know Dae!
Tenner not wasted then!:thumb:

oaxaca 10th April 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 72929)
just ordered from amazon....

Black Water (gojirasan's recomedation)
The Signal (need this for ages)
The Changeling (George C Scott)
The Dead Outside (scottish Zombie flick)
Forbidden World (in2film corman)
The Unborn (in2film corman)

EDIT: just picked up Midnight Meat Train in blockebuster for 2.39, ex rental....

The Changeling is one of my favourite haunted house stories :D

I've just bought the following :

10 to midnight (Bronson) £1.50
Return of the Living Dead £2
Black Christmas (Tartan Grindhouse) £1.50
The 6th Day £1 (arnie)
Driven to Kill (steven seagull) 49p
The Ordeal (tartan terror) 49p

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 10:19 AM

I picked up 10 To Midnight a few weeks ago....Where did you get those that cheap, hell of a good score...

oaxaca 10th April 2010 10:23 AM

You've gotta love a bit of 80s Bronson :p

CEX for all except the two 49p ones which were from gamestation (was surprised to see gamestation selling 2nd hand dvds, I don't think they usually do).

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 10:37 AM

yeah 80s bronson was good and then the 90s happened and he just seemed to make Family cops 1-1000, sad really as they stank and bronson was class, i watched a film once which was an odd one for bronson called Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus...

darthelvis 10th April 2010 12:11 PM

Just back from Fopp where I picked up Basket Case (Tartan Grindhouse), Flesh for Frankenstein (Tartan) and Zombie Diaries all for £3 each.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 12:45 PM

Ooooh VERY nice hall there, Darth! Both Tartan films are brilliant and I actually thought Zombie Diaries was pretty good - much better than people say.

pedromonkey 10th April 2010 01:00 PM

just been on my fortnightly visit to the charity shops and Cash generator.

got some bargains....

The Prophecy 1-3 1.99 each pdsa shop
Pieces (boulervard release) 3.00 cash gen
An american Haunting 3.00 Cash Gen.

oaxaca 10th April 2010 01:07 PM

Nice one with the Tartan's, Darth!

I think American Haunting is a decent enough film Pedro, certainly good eye candy, and 2 A-grade actors in Spacek and Sutherland!!

Good buys everyone!:dance:

ps. Just ordered Children of the Corn AB trilogy off Play.com for £3.99. Couldn't resist at that price. I'm going to step away from the computer now...must...stop...spending...money. :p

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 73130)
Nice one with the Tartan's, Darth!

I think American Haunting is a decent enough film Pedro, certainly good eye candy, and 2 A-grade actors in Spacek and Sutherland!!

Good buys everyone!:dance:

ps. Just ordered Children of the Corn AB trilogy off Play.com for £3.99. Couldn't resist at that price. I'm going to step away from the computer now...must...stop...spending...money. :p

£3.99! Nice! But don't tempt me oaxaca! I must resist! I've said to myself I will not spend anymore money on dvds...at least until the ones I ordered are delivered anyways! :laugh:

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 01:22 PM

Picked up a few films over the Easter weekend! :happy:

REPO! The Genetic Opera (2008)

Zombieland (2009)

Martyrs (2008)

Eden Lake (2008)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
Seriously Ultimate Edition

Not yet seen Martyrs so I cannot comment but all the other films looked stunning on Blu-ray and are highly recommended! TCM has never looked so damn good!!! :D

oaxaca 10th April 2010 01:24 PM

Yeah tell em about it. I feel as though I need COTC 4-7 now though, which apparently comes in a boxset, which no online stores sell...

cex.co.uk are listing COTC 4 for 10p lol, they may aswell give it away.

http://www.cex.co.uk/products/DVD/DV...rn IV&mode=buy

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 01:40 PM

Received and picked up a few great films over the Easter weekend as it was my birthday! :happy:

SAW VI (2009)
Big Man Japan (2007)
Tokyo Zombie (2005)
Zombieland (2009)
Martyrs (2008)
Eden Lake (2008)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Seriously Ultimate Edition

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 73139)
Received and picked up a few great films over the Easter weekend as it was my birthday! :happy:

SAW VI (2009)
Big Man Japan (2007)
Tokyo Zombie (2005)
Zombieland (2009)
Martyrs (2008)
Eden Lake (2008)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Seriously Ultimate Edition

Oooooh! Very very nice KPW! Very nice indeed! And happy birthday too :) Which one of those have you seen? Any favs?

I got Phantom Of The Paradise (a Phantom Of The Opera film but with glam rock - hell yeah!) and Gory Gory Hallelujah in the post today. GGH looks crazy - from what I've seen it's about a bunch of Elvis impersonators and a bunch of Jesus impersonators during a zombie outbreak...oh, did I mention it's a musical too? :pound: Looks great!

KPWNINJA 10th April 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 73141)
Oooooh! Very very nice KPW! Very nice indeed! And happy birthday too :) Which one of those have you seen? Any favs?

Thanks iluvdvds! :) The only films I haven't yet out of the bunch are Martyrs, Big Man Japan and Tokyo Zombie!

I missed SAW VI at the pictures last year so it was the first time I'd seen it the other night. One word: HOFFMAN :) I can't wait for SAW VII!

My favorite of the bunch though has to be Eden Lake. It's the first film in a very long time that has left me emotionally drained. Highly recommended!

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th April 2010 03:04 PM

Bought the Cine Asia/Dragon Dynasty dvd of Jet Li's Fist Of Legend.I would have bough it on blu-ray but stevoj's pet hate stopped me from buying it.....Irish Certificates on the cover! :lol: They had actually gotten a new batch of the dvds in that had the Irish cert on them and it was just pure luck that they still have a few that were free of them.......otherwise I wouldn't have bought the dvd either.:biggrin:

nekromantik 10th April 2010 03:07 PM

happy bday KPWNINJA!!

I recieved The Strangers and The Children blu yesterday, but I may return strangers as Its gone down in price by £1 :lol:

Yes im a stoodent so that £1 is important!!