Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

brain dead 17th January 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 122609)
That's really weird - glad you managed to finally get these dispatched - even if it wasn't by the preferred method!

I guess it must have something to do with amazon not actually having the stock, but indigostarfish, and maybe they won't ship to the US so amazon has to get them from indigo.
Oh well, it's only about $2 more expensive to have them shipped to the UK (plus whatever else it'll cost to have them forwarded to me)

nekromantik 17th January 2011 10:05 PM

its cause indigo starfish dont ship outside the UK so amazon have to get the item and then ship it to you. of course amazon has issues with this so takes longer.

edit: oops braindead beat me to it :lol:

brain dead 17th January 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 122612)
its cause indigo starfish dont ship outside the UK so amazon have to get the item and then ship it to you. of course amazon has issues with this so takes longer.

edit: oops braindead beat me to it :lol:

Yeah, it seems like they must not get them quickly from indigostarfish. Seems like they get it out to customers faster (looking back it was actually the same day as bizarre that I ordered them and he had them a couple of days later whereas 6 days later amazon still had no idea when they were able to ship.)
I'll have to remember next time there's a delay like that to just have it sent to the UK :lol:

nekromantik 17th January 2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 122614)
Yeah, it seems like they must not get them quickly from indigostarfish. Seems like they get it out to customers faster (looking back it was actually the same day as bizarre that I ordered them and he had them a couple of days later whereas 6 days later amazon still had no idea when they were able to ship.)
I'll have to remember next time there's a delay like that to just have it sent to the UK :lol:

yeah quite a few of the movie on amazon uk are from Indigostarfish.
they are a small company based on Jersey so its kinda understandable that they dont ship outside of UK.

Inspector Tanzi 17th January 2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 122590)
Big Clint's classic UNFORGIVEN. Looks and sounds absolutely beautiful.:cool:

One of my favourite films of the nineties, and definately my favourite western of the nineties, closely followed by Tombstone.

the blob 18th January 2011 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just won a copy of this from a German seller on Ebay. I let it dissappear from stores and so happy I finally snagged one!

Inspector Tanzi 18th January 2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 122805)
Just won a copy of this from a German seller on Ebay. I let it dissappear from stores and so happy I finally snagged one!

I enjoyed this, as with a lot of Korean stuff it's slow burn but rewarding viewing in the end ;)

oaxaca 18th January 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 122617)
One of my favourite films of the nineties, and definately my favourite western of the nineties, closely followed by Tombstone.

Looking forward to watching both UNFORGIVEN and TOMBSTONE eventually on blu ray. Unforgiven has slipped me by but Tombstone was a classic.

Bought ENTER THE DRAGON earlier from Gamestation (£8) & watched it earlier. Very impressed with the transfer. Colour and detail are exquisite and there is plenty of grain left in. Jaw-dropping compared to the last time I watched it which was on VHS getting on for a decade ago!

the blob 18th January 2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 122816)
I enjoyed this, as with a lot of Korean stuff it's slow burn but rewarding viewing in the end ;)

Yeah, I didn't get to see it until a few months ago and have been searching since. I was a little disappointed in The Host after Memories Of Murder but this was a great return. Scarily, she actually reminds me of my mother-in-law a little. :lol:

Inspector Tanzi 18th January 2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 122834)
I was a little disappointed in The Host after Memories Of Murder but this was a great return.

Song Kang-ho is my favourite Korean actor. I really like The Host, I thought it was going to be another rubbish big cgi monster film but the effects were really quite good and I found it a good thrill ride.

Have you seen Secret Reunion yet?