Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 544137)
Recent buys
Bottom three bought for Samantha .

Ha,ha. In my opinion you've bought Samantha the two best films of the lot - A Bridge too Far and Dracula. :lol:

trebor8273 29th July 2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544142)
Ha,ha. In my opinion you've bought Samantha the two best films of the lot - A Bridge too Far and Dracula. :lol:

yes, appears Samantha has better taste than Gag:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544142)

Possibly true, but I really like Cosmopolis.:behindsofa:

gag 29th July 2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 544143)
yes, appears Samantha has better taste than Gag:lol:

Well that doesn't say much for anyone else of here then considering some of them will be in quite a lot of people film collection on here ,
Cosmopolis is David Cronenberg fault for being one of my fav film directors , wouldn't have bought it otherwise , and the black cat blame shameless for releasing it and its Lucio fulci film how dare you ...
Sod all wrong with city of men the series and films (city of god ) and what's wrong with game of Death tut tut tut ...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 544141)
one delivery today

If you haven't already seen it, I hope you enjoy Life as much as I did when I saw it at the cinema. It is easy to dismiss it as Alien meets Gravity, but I don't think that stops it from being a good, and thoroughly enjoyable, movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 544145)
Well that doesn't say much for anyone else of here then considering some of them will be in quite a lot of people film collection on here ,
Cosmopolis is David Cronenberg fault for being one of my fav film directors , wouldn't have bought it otherwise , and same for the black cat blame shameless for releasing it ...
Sod all wrong with city of men the series and films (city of god ) and what's wrong with game of Death tut tut tut ...

No one said there was anything wrong or they were poor films. I just said the best of the bunch in my opinion were for your better half.

I thought Cosmopolis was bleedin' awful i must admit. Very disappointing. Especially after i loved Maps to the Stars and A Dangerous Method, his films before and after it.

trebor8273 29th July 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 544145)
Cosmopolis is David Cronenberg fault for being one of my fav film directors , wouldn't have bought it otherwise , and the black cat blame shameless for releasing it and its Lucio fulci film how dare you ...

im the first to admit that what most would consider awful taste in films but give me crappy b movies etc over most award winning films.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544147)
I thought Cosmopolis was bleedin' awful i must admit. Very disappointing. Especially after i loved Maps to the Stars and A Dangerous Method, his films before and after it.

Although Cosmopolis is probably the weakest of those three, it still a superbly directed film. I went in expecting the worst because of Robert Patterson, but was really impressed with his performance and the way he convincingly plays one of the 1% who is completely separated from reality and consumed by self-loathing.

It is interesting that all three of those films are adaptations of books and not completely original projects, as many of Cronenberg's early films were.

MuckyFunster 29th July 2017 06:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
£12.99 in HMV.

What a great cover. Phwoar [emoji123]

Attachment 193231

Attachment 193232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gag 29th July 2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544147)
No one said there was anything wrong or they were poor films. I just said the best of the bunch in my opinion were for your better half.

I know I was just having a bit of harmless banter...and I didn't like Dracula .