Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2017 03:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals

gag 14th October 2017 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
V complete series £18
Some films where £1 and buy one get one free .
I like Kevin bridges one comedian I want to see .

bleakshaun 14th October 2017 04:47 PM

Purchases today in Edinburgh all fopp
Grindhouse Trailer Classics vol 3 & 4
Hands of Steel
Children of the Corn
Bride of Re-Animator
Massacre in Dinosaur Valley
Happiness of the Katakuris
Curse of the Werewolf
Madman
Eyes Without a Face
Theatre of Blood
The Company of Wolves

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

platostotal 14th October 2017 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got these two BD for £7 pre-owned, at £3.50 each snatched em, so bargains continue, only 1 day in the week left...

iank 14th October 2017 09:11 PM

Intruder is a hoot (not least because it has the same stock 'dramatic/spooky' incidental score that they used to use in 80s Aussie soap Sons and Daughters!:skull:)

monkeypedro 15th October 2017 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Stryker and Certain Fury were just £8.66 each from Wowhd, Suicide Squad was just over a fiver on Ebay as had a dent at the bottom of the steelbook.

I won The Kids in the Hall box set in a Ebay auction and lucky i received it as i saw a tracking number on my Ebay summary this morning and clicked on it to find it had been delivered yesterday afternoon even though i was at home all day and no one had rung the doorbell to my knowledge i hadn't received it but upon checking it had been just dumped on my drive by the courier but luckily nobody had taken it or that it had rained in the night.

J Harker 15th October 2017 09:09 AM

I'm happy to admit I love Ghost and have always enjoyed Dirty Dancing too. Don't own the latter though. It's cheesy 80s entertainment but not a must own film. Ghost on the other hand I consider a classic.

Justin101 15th October 2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 554470)
Stryker and Certain Fury were just £8.66 each from Wowhd, Suicide Squad was just over a fiver on Ebay as had a dent at the bottom of the steelbook.

I won The Kids in the Hall box set in a Ebay auction and lucky i received it as i saw a tracking number on my Ebay summary this morning and clicked on it to find it had been delivered yesterday afternoon even though i was at home all day and no one had rung the doorbell to my knowledge i hadn't received it but upon checking it had been just dumped on my drive by the courier but luckily nobody had taken it or that it had rained in the night.

Ugh I’d love that Kids in the Hall box set!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 554470)
I won The Kids in the Hall box set in a Ebay auction

I love how people say (Not just MP, loads of people) that they won things in an auction.

No you didn't. You paid the most money for it. You shelled out more money than others thought it was worth. If you won it that means it was free and i stand corrected.

Ha'ha... gripe over. :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 554488)
I love how people say (Not just MP, loads of people) that they won things in an auction.

No you didn't. You paid the most money for it. You shelled out more money than others thought it was worth. If you won it that means it was free and i stand corrected.

Ha'ha... gripe over. :D

I suppose it's semantics as, in a 'real' auction, the last bid (which, as you say, is more than others are prepared to pay) is considered the 'winning bid'.

I don't think anyone really loses an auction unless a seller finds something of theirs has sold for much less than they expected/wanted/needed (delete as applicable). With all the fees involved, the only winner is the person conducting the auction!